Thermaltale The Tower 900 vs Phanteks Enthoo Elite vs CaseLabs Magn SMA8-A

ReyazJunior

I am a class 8 student whose father has allowed him to make a gaming/ beginner 3D rendering/ newbie game development PC. I had a budget of 3,00,000 INR (4736.4 USD). He says i should come first in class to make the PC. So i asked him to increase the budget for my hard work. Now my budget is 5,00,000 INR (7894 USD). 

Initially I was going for an i7-8700K+MSI GTX 1080 Ti Sea Hawk EK X+ASUS ROG Strix Z370-E soft tube water cooled build in the TT Core P5. Now since my budget has increases, i am confused whether to achieve maximum cooling for <100 rpm fan speeds (ambient noise is negligible in my room - only interference is from the outside, mobile phone (actually) and occasionally, laptop), or to get better components. 

Now the TT Tower 900 (36,428 INR or 575 USD) has space for dual XE 560 rads in the back. Two loops, one GPU and one CPU. If another GPU fits in the budget, please fit it. This time, try to get RGB blocks. In case of the Enthoo Elite (93,733 INR or 1511 USD), i get amazing cooling, with one 560 XE, triple 480 (2 XE, one PE on top), and another optional XE 360 (but that will take away the reservoir mounting location, so… no). With the SMA8-A, i get a case which looks better for me and while doesn't have as great cooling, my chosen configuration costs 93,761 INR (1480.29 USD). See images. 

Now, my loop will also cost more. And now I'll use a gas stove at low for bending the PETG tubes. Yes, now I'll go hardline. In the bottom (back for Tower 900) sections, I'll use soft tubing for easy routing and drainage. I'll go for dual loops with Primochill Vue or EK CryoFuel and then save up. I'm pretty sure the extra money will be gobbled up by water cooling. But if u can help me fit upgrades, I'll feel nice. Just tell me which case to go. And give me custom pcpartpicker.com URLs summing up all parts and costs for giving me estimates. You may use Newegg India (but they put loads of duties, and i hate that) or NCIX after seeing shipping rates for India. Please adhere to my budget strictly. I also need to fit my monitor in this budget. I'll be okay with VA ultra wides, but it must be 3440×1440 100Hz plus G-Sync/ FreeSync based on the graphics card of your choice. But it must be an ultra wide. If you know any other hardware retailer, who ships to India, please give those links. 

Thanks if you managed it through the entire post. Any help will be appreciated. 

Yours sincerely,

Danyal. 

Screenshot_2018-01-07-23-09-49-886_com.android.chrome.png

Screenshot_2018-01-07-23-08-58-427_com.android.chrome.png

Screenshot_2018-01-07-23-09-34-045_com.android.chrome.png

I'm currently planning a new build in the The Tower 900 as well. From what I understand this is your first time building a PC? Depending on how confident you are, you may want to consider going with an air cooled build first, considering the quirks and maintenance of watercooling loops. You can always upgrade later :) 

Also (again assuming first time) I'd recommend against using Vue for now, as I've seen more and more issues pop up lately and is becoming more like just a for-show liquid instead of a permanent cooling solution. Just go with a premix or plain distilled water, maybe with a dye.

Anyway good luck, I wish I had that kind of a budget right now :P 

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

18 hours ago, tikker said:

I'm currently planning a new build in the The Tower 900 as well. From what I understand this is your first time building a PC? Depending on how confident you are, you may want to consider going with an air cooled build first, considering the quirks and maintenance of watercooling loops. You can always upgrade later :) 

Also (again assuming first time) I'd recommend against using Vue for now, as I've seen more and more issues pop up lately and is becoming more like just a for-show liquid instead of a permanent cooling solution. Just go with a premix or plain distilled water, maybe with a dye.

Anyway good luck, I wish I had that kind of a budget right now :P 

I know water cooling for 1st PC is not recommended. But I'll take the risk. Don't worry. I'll go with EK CryoFuel otherwise. If air cooling, what abt an i7-8700K with Dark Rock Pro 3 and two triple fan GTX 1080 Ti? In the Fractal Design Meshify C. It'll be amazing. I'll get VR and better monitors too. And more money to buy games and et cetera. 

2 minutes ago, ReyazJunior said:

That's cool. I'd rather stick to my chosen cases and cooling options still. I'll go for CL14 3200MHz G.Skill TridentZ RGB memory instead and a 960 Pro 512 GB. I'll go for 4 2TB HDD in RAID 10. Thanks. 

For a 1st time PC builder, I wouldn’t water cool, I was going to put this in the build but I decided against it.

https://www.nzxt.com/products/kraken-g12-white

It makes everything a lot easier, just buy 2 of them and 2 AIOs

"(1) High Frame Rates (2) Ultra Graphics Settings (3) Cheap>>>>Choose only two" Chevaishr

https://myanimelist.net/profile/AnalCavity

PCPartPicker URL

https://pcpartpicker.com/b/bsJ8TW 

19 minutes ago, Zic05 said:

For a 1st time PC builder, I wouldn’t water cool, I was going to put this in the build but I decided against it.

https://www.nzxt.com/products/kraken-g12-white

It makes everything a lot easier, just buy 2 of them and 2 AIOs

I know, jI know. I'll still take the risk. Don't worry. The G12 looks ugly. 

23 minutes ago, ReyazJunior said:

960 Pro 512 GB

There’s really no noticeable difference, besides not much faster speeds and a longer warranty.

B6549EE8-DEAE-4E84-9993-5A7B03580C75.jpeg

"(1) High Frame Rates (2) Ultra Graphics Settings (3) Cheap>>>>Choose only two" Chevaishr

PCPartPicker URL

Just now, ReyazJunior said:

I know, jI know. I'll still take the risk. Don't worry. The G12 looks ugly. 

Did you look at the white and black variants 

PCPartPicker URL

1 minute ago, Zic05 said:

There’s really no noticeable difference, besides not much faster speeds and a longer warranty.

B6549EE8-DEAE-4E84-9993-5A7B03580C75.jpeg

It just feels nice. ?

Just now, Zic05 said:

How about you make a part list so I can see it.

Thanks

Yeah. W8. 

6 hours ago, ReyazJunior said:

I know water cooling for 1st PC is not recommended. But I'll take the risk. Don't worry. I'll go with EK CryoFuel otherwise. If air cooling, what abt an i7-8700K with Dark Rock Pro 3 and two triple fan GTX 1080 Ti? In the Fractal Design Meshify C. It'll be amazing. I'll get VR and better monitors too. And more money to buy games and et cetera. 

That'd be one hell of a rig. I've actually changed my mind about the The Tower 900 and am considering switching to the Meshify C or Define R6 now, because it's just too big :P 

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB