gpu or memory issue or not enough PSU

Go to solution Solved by Jun Wei Goh,
On 1/11/2018 at 1:03 AM, SmashinMachine said:

Hmmm... I am really sorry that I could not help you

Maybe the PSU???

found the root problem because i connected the two 6+2 connector in one rail making it unstable.Is like asking 3 12v cable to do the job that need 6.So the fix is to connect two 6+2 cable separately(two rail instead of one) that way the power deliver is equal 

Hi guy i been having this problem lately when ever i game sometime the screen suddenly go black(no signal) i check the control panel for error report only come out this
Description
A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent
Code: 141
Parameter 1: ffffc288f8d51270
Parameter 2: fffff8038e0d76c4
Parameter 3: 0
Parameter 4: 16b0
OS version: 10_0_16299
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 768_1
OS Version: 10.0.16299.2.0.0.768.101
Locale ID: 1033

and later this blue screen error report came

Problem signature
Problem Event Name:    BlueScreen
Code:    133
Parameter 1:    0
Parameter 2:    501
Parameter 3:    500
Parameter 4:    fffff80096a85370
OS version:    10_0_16299
Service Pack:    0_0
Product:    768_1
OS Version:    10.0.16299.2.0.0.768.101
Locale ID:    1033

Extra information about the problem
Bucket ID:    0x133_DPC_nvlddmkm!gpuSanityCheckRegisterAccess_GF100

i had this problem last time and found out that is the PSU some i got it changed a brand new one and it was ok for the past few month until it comes back again.I already troubleshoot GPU PCI-e slot etc still having this issue.So now i am beginning to suspect my power supply is not enough.i also maybe doubt is overheating but here the weird part when the black screen happen PSU fan run loudly 
spec:
i7-4790k@4.4GHZ
cpu cooler:cooler master hypere 212x

asus z97-k
msi gtx 1080ti gaming x (factory OC)
1 wireless card(tp-link archer t6E)
16GB 1600MHz DDR3
250GB SSD
1tb WD black
5x 120mm fans 
cooler master v750 watt fully modular

things that i already tried 

use ddu to uninstall driver and reinstall back

use different PCi-e slot 

send gpu to corbell for rma their rig tested no problem 

use memtest 86 found out one ram stick have error removed but still having the same issue

1 minute ago, SmashinMachine said:

Do you have sometimes random starts and problems with nvidia driver 

yes window also says failed to start display driver

Just now, SmashinMachine said:

Reseat your cpu and look for bent pins in CPU Socket? I bet your gpu runs @PCieX8 not x16

gpu is running x16 at 3.0.i dont think is cpu fault i dont have this issue last time and i didnt take my cpu out at all  

3 minutes ago, SmashinMachine said:

Do you use also liquid metal paste???

nope artic mx 4 

3 minutes ago, SmashinMachine said:

Do you use also liquid metal paste???

temp wise is ok within the safe range 

I had this issue too 1-2 weeks ago with my gtx 1080. I tried Windows Clean Install, BIOS Flahback, other Ram(-Slots), Other PSU. Then I cleaned tthe paste and reseat my cpu and its gone.

13 minutes ago, SmashinMachine said:

I had this issue too 1-2 weeks ago with my gtx 1080. I tried Windows Clean Install, BIOS Flahback, other Ram(-Slots), Other PSU. Then I cleaned tthe paste and reseat my cpu and its gone.

my cpu temp are in the safe zone and i ran the intel processor test all pass but now i found out that by removing the ram at slot A2 (you can check my asus z97-k Manuel)i dont have this black screen issue.But that not over i still have to check of the other 3 is working fine

Just now, Jun Wei Goh said:

my cpu temp are in the safe zone and i ran the intel processor test all pass but now i found out that by removing the ram at slot A2 (you can check my asus z97-k Manuel)i dont have this black screen issue.But that not over i still have to check of the other 3 is working fine

MY Cpu Temps were fine too. And i ran intel programm too. Don't forget RAM and PCIe Slots are controlled by CPU.  But I hope it helps what you do.

1 hour ago, SmashinMachine said:

MY Cpu Temps were fine too. And i ran intel programm too. Don't forget RAM and PCIe Slots are controlled by CPU.  But I hope it helps what you do.

hmm ok so far this is weird i when back to the slot that is faulty and somehow it works and one of the faulty ram i mention early i slot in and now my computer is stable so far.This is weird i spent the whole day just to troubleshoot it .If this is a solid fix then the cause will be ram not slot in correctly?I have a theory that might cause this the heat build up in the case expand the slot making no contact to some pin.I dont know this is my guess  

24 minutes ago, Jun Wei Goh said:

hmm ok so far this is weird i when back to the slot that is faulty and somehow it works and one of the faulty ram i mention early i slot in and now my computer is stable so far.This is weird i spent the whole day just to troubleshoot it .If this is a solid fix then the cause will be ram not slot in correctly?I have a theory that might cause this the heat build up in the case expand the slot making no contact to some pin.I dont know this is my guess  

It helps maybe to clean the pis of ram with eraser. 

Ok update the problem still happen now I send the ram to the distributor and test if is ram faulty 

On 1/7/2018 at 9:10 PM, SmashinMachine said:

Reseat your cpu and look for bent pins in CPU Socket? I bet your gpu runs @PCieX8 not x16

ram tested on distributor side no error after complete test .i getting my ram later but in the meantime i check the cpu for bent pin but i don't see any.I shine a touch light to it and all the pin is reflecting the light contantly across the cpu socket .So i reseat it and later i pick up my ram and hopefully it work

On 1/7/2018 at 11:54 PM, SmashinMachine said:

It helps maybe to clean the pis of ram with eraser. 

ok it happen again reseat cpu still like that

6 hours ago, Jun Wei Goh said:

ok it happen again reseat cpu still like that

Maybe the PSU???

On 1/11/2018 at 1:03 AM, SmashinMachine said:

Maybe the PSU???

found the root problem because i connected the two 6+2 connector in one rail making it unstable.Is like asking 3 12v cable to do the job that need 6.So the fix is to connect two 6+2 cable separately(two rail instead of one) that way the power deliver is equal 

depends on what program you use, thats why i ask. here is to make it simple, what is the issue that you encounter that makes you want to know how to reduce gpu memory usage? do you have some problem in game or software because your vram is insufficient. the exact gpu you mean is the intel integrated or the dedicated gpu?