NEED HELP ASAP

CreepyPro

I was overclocking my GPU and now my screen doesn't work how can i reverse everything to stock!?!?!?!?! 

I HAVE AN ASUS STRIX GTX 1060 6GB

I'm able to get into the BIOS I read somewhere I need to unistall msi afterburner by going into safe boot but I don't know how

What overclock did you do? What program did you use for it?
Did you touch the voltage? Bios mods?

1 minute ago, A1Mike_W said:

What overclock did you do? Did you touch the voltage?

1 minute ago, A1Mike_W said:

What overclock did you do? Did you touch the voltage?

Core clock i didn't realize than when pressing enter the overclock didn't apply and when i click on save on afterburner my pc crashed

10 hours ago, CreepyPro said:

when i click on save on afterburner my pc crashed

Afterburner has a button that allows the overclock to be applied on start-up, did you keep that off or did you have that on?

As long as you didn't mess around with the GPU bios, Afterburner won't allow the settings to go past anything that would fry the card (to my knowledge).
The apply at startup button is the most likely cause of your problem, which you can override by booting up in safe mode and reinstalling afterburner.

If that doesn't work, you may have damaged something, but on a 1060 with all the protection that comes with it I find that unlikely.

How far did you push the core clock anyway? What was your offset?

17 minutes ago, A1Mike_W said:

As long as you didn't mess around with the GPU bios, Afterburner won't allow the settings to go past anything that would fry the card (to my knowledge).

True that, you'll be riding the power limit the whole way unless you flash your GPU BIOS.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

is there a video out on your motherboard that can use the internal CPU graphics adapter? Might help you get back into windows and roll back the overclock in Afterburner.

Otherwise you gotta mash F8 on startup, or Shift+F8 for Windows 10 to try to get the advanced boot menu to choose Safe Mode.

I haven't lost my mind, it's backed up on tape somewhere.

2 hours ago, A1Mike_W said:

The apply at startup button is the most likely cause of your problem, which you can override by booting up in safe mode and reinstalling afterburner.

If that doesn't work, you may have damaged something, but on a 1060 with all the protection that comes with it I find that unlikely.

How far did you push the core clock anyway? What was your offset?

Sorry for the late respond, I got it fixed by booting on safe mode.

I thought that the changes applyed every time I hitted enter so when I clicked on the tick to save the settings the screen went black and the PC wouldn't go to the BIOS screen

I pushed the core clock to 700mghz, and i'm currently running an overclock of +125mghz and it would crash at arround 175 so imagine how big I fucked up.