Sound dampening PC?

chowderblue

Hi, i am a music artist with a home recording studio/booth and i have a 3000-4000$ Gaming PC that i use for music production as well, the specs are these parts:

Water Cooled CPU: i5 5820k

Watercooled GPU: Gtx 1080
X99 EXTREME4 Asrock Motherboard

a 480 Radiator with 4 fans attached to it, and 3 other fans on the other side of my

Thermaltake The Tower 900

its a big case with around 7 fans running in it along with a pump for the watercooling. I was wondering if Sound Dampeners like these https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811999222&ignorebbr=1&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-PC&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-PC-_-pla-_-Accessories+-+Case+%2F+Rackmount-_-N82E16811999222&gclid=CjwKCAiAhMLSBRBJEiwAlFrsTm0VcZRXp4gKotpJRE9xt5mmVcT27ijtzo-x00_bk66PnGhFrOrDIRoCex4QAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

There is definitely a difference when i turn off the fans for a moment adn record vocals than when the fans were on (obviously) i need help.

After a certain point, having more fans doesn't reduce temperatures. You could probably take out about three of those fans and find that your temps are the same but there is less noise.

4 minutes ago, johnukguy said:

After a certain point, having more fans doesn't reduce temperatures. You could probably take out about three of those fans and find that your temps are the same but there is less noise.

have you seen how big the case is? and also 4 of htose fans are on the radiator for my water loop, so i take out the other 3?

Yes, seven fans won't be better at cooling than four or so, even in that case. As long as you have good positive air pressure, so more intake than exhaust, your PC should be cooled just fine and be quite a bit quieter too.

Since you have so many fans running, you could just set them all to run at the lowest speed possible except at higher temps. This could keep noise low while maintaining good temp (obviously not as good as if the fans were running full speed but you get the point). Putting the PC in another room may help too. You could also install plastic washer in between the fans and the chasis to dampen noise further.

Put it in another room and just lead he cables to the recording area.

That's an F in the profile pic

11 minutes ago, chowderblue said:

have you seen how big the case is? and also 4 of htose fans are on the radiator for my water loop, so i take out the other 3?

all the fans on the radiator are exhaust LOL what do i do?

You post pictures of the case. Your case. You also look at Be quiet or Fractal cases because that case is a showpiece and you talk about silent PC. Sound dampening that case is not really a thing.

48 minutes ago, chowderblue said:

all the fans on the radiator are exhaust LOL what do i do?

Then they won't be cooling it at all well. You're better off with a couple of intakes and one exhaust than seven that are all exhaust. Generally it helps to have positive air pressure, which helps force air out of all the small cracks and holes in the case. This helps with cooling and with keeping dust to a minimum.

How are your fans setup? Are the 4 on the radiators all intake? If so you could probably remove at least one exhaust fan, or maybe look at other fan configurations that could minimize the number and use of the fans. Also sound dampening will help but the mileage varies from case to case system to system. Might be worth the try?

Just now, Froody129 said:

Put it in another room and just lead he cables to the recording area.

1 hour ago, johnukguy said:

Then they won't be cooling it at all well. You're better off with a couple of intakes and one exhaust than seven that are all exhaust. Generally it helps to have positive air pressure, which helps force air out of all the small cracks and holes in the case. This helps with cooling and with keeping dust to a minimum.

4 fans are on the radiator, they are all 4 exhausts, whileas the other 3 are intakes from the other side. if you look at the back of The Tower 900 you can see well what i mean, there are 2 sides where fans are put. and on the left side (if the front is facing me) is my 480 radiator with 4 fans that are exhausts and 3 intakes on the right side