Bad Wi-Fi Connection

Brentar

So I recently refurbished a laptop I got for free... I fixed what needed to be fixed, replaced anything broken, and tested everything which needed to be tested. Everything works fine, I had to install EVERY FUCKING DRIVER manually because there was no Wi-Fi card driver installed.  Now its working and I realized that I'm sitting in my livingroom with my router 5 feet away and I have a 2-3 bar connection strength... but I'm literally 5 feet away and anything else connected to my Wi-Fi is in another room and has better signal... No its NOT how many things are being connected at once, My router is a very good one, and noone else is using the Wi-Fi at the time, yet its slow as fuck... anyone know why?  The laptop is a Toshiba Satellite c55-b5350, I only plan to use it for YouTube but even that is lacking with this connection issue....

Are you connected to the Wifi Router with the Ethernet cable?

If not, that could be the problem...

2 minutes ago, Brentar said:

So I recently refurbished a laptop I got for free... I fixed what needed to be fixed, replaced anything broken, and tested everything which needed to be tested. Everything works fine, I had to install EVERY FUCKING DRIVER manually because there was no Wi-Fi card driver installed.  Now its working and I realized that I'm sitting in my livingroom with my router 5 feet away and I have a 2-3 bar connection strength... but I'm literally 5 feet away and anything else connected to my Wi-Fi is in another room and has better signal... No its NOT how many things are being connected at once, My router is a very good one, and noone else is using the Wi-Fi at the time, yet its slow as fuck... anyone know why?  The laptop is a Toshiba Satellite c55-b5350, I only plan to use it for YouTube but even that is lacking with this connection issue....

Open up the laptop and check if the antenna is actually attached to the WiFi chip. Don't exactly know how to do that, but you can probably figure out. 

"May your frame rates be high and your temperatures low"

I misread titles/posts way too often--correct me if I don't.

Just now, DodoDodo123 said:

but ethernet should be faster...

"May your frame rates be high and your temperatures low"

I misread titles/posts way too often--correct me if I don't.

Just now, DodoDodo123 said:

I'm connected to the Wi-Fi, How could that be a problem? My Wi-Fi router never has issues and my connection speed is 100 download and 50-90 upload

check that the antenna is attached to the wifi card like the other guy suggested. I had a similar problem a couple years ago and that was the issue. Also you couldve installed the wrong drivers, or at least outdated ones. It could also be possible that the wifi has 802.11 b/g and the speeds are just significantly slower.

those computers new have a crap wireless card to begin with but it  sounds like one of your antennas is unhooked or pinched. Pull off the bottom, check the card see if it'd disconnected, if it's not    Pull the bezel of the LCD and check the antenna make sure it's not pinched on the hinge for the LCD which happens a lot on those models cuz those hinges suck ass.   Toshiba uses those LCD hinges and that case design on dozens of models.  A lot of them come in with cracked cases because of the amount of pressure that the hinges put on a thin plastic case.   honestly designed to fail. I see those hinges break off in the casing and pinch up LCD and WiFi antenna cables like crazy.  The part of the hinge that connects to the case connects to the top of the casing not the bottom and the Wi-Fi cable runs behind the hinge the case starts to flex, rubs on the cable and eventually it breaks