New PC - Need help

Hello, my name is Gustavo and this is my first build in a while. My last pc was a Pentium 4 and I'm currently using a DV7 3188 CL from HP since 2010. I plan to buy this rig in the upcoming 3 to 4 months, so I have a while to invest researching.

1. Budget & Location

I don't really have a fixed budget and I like to use the components the most. I've been using the same notebook for 7 years without a problem, but it's performance will not keep up with future (and some current) applications. That being said, I don't exactly need the bleeding edge technology, but I intend to keep it for at least 5 years, updating it here and there, so a future proof build is a must.

I am posting from Brazil, but as I will need to import most of the components (pretty sure of it), the prices may be given in U$D (or BRL, if you could provide one). Only requirement is to link shops with international shipping.

In summary: I don't have a fixed budget, but I don't want it to cost me an arm and a leg to buy. My price range is between 1000~1500 USD.

2. Aim

This system is going to be used primarily for Blizzard games, such as World of Warcraft and Overwatch and some Steam games (http://steamcommunity.com/id/Taurone/games/?tab=all. They should run at ultra settings. Don't really care for anything more than 1080p@60fps (I'm used to play at 900p@17~24fps), but higher resolutions are welcome. I also don't intend to stream, but being able to do so in a better-than-a-potato quality once in a while without stuttering is good enough.

This system will also be used to work in my business (I'm a freelancer translator), which do not require anything more than a word processing software. I will also use for university, which has the same requirements.

3. Monitors

I intend to use only one monitor at this time. Initially, my plan was to buy an ultra wide monitor for the work area (which is awesome for my work load) from LG/Samsung, but this shit is expensive as hell, so I'll purchase a decent monitor instead. Currently considering a thunderbolt one to daisy chain them in the future (also because I hate cables, the less cables in this build, the better)

4. Peripherals

As stated above, I hate cables. I saw a decent wireless keyboard+mouse+mousepad combo/kit in one of the LTT's videos a while ago (black and blue, the mouse was charged through the mousepad), can't remember the name tho, but for now, I'll use the ones I have. Still, I'd like an opinion on the kit I described, if possible, as well as recommendations for other mechanical (and wireless, if possible) keyboards that won't cost me a kidney. Mice too.

5. Why are you upgrading?

Old age and diminishing performance (the notebook, not me) and also because I'm feeling it is going to die soon.

6. Current build idea

CPU Intel - Core i5-7400 3.0GHz Quad-Core Processor Initially was an i5 6600k.
CPU Cooler Noctua - NH-L9i 33.8 CFM CPU Cooler This one I picked at random, just to configure a realistic model. Need recommendations. Initially intended to have a water cooling, but if a air cooling can get the job done, it's good for me.
Motherboard Asus - PRIME Z270-A ATX LGA1151 Motherboard Cheap and has a thunderbolt and 4 DIMM slots.
Memory Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR4-2400 Memory 4x4Gb 4-channel is better than 2x8Gb dual-channel, right?
Storage Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive For OS and applications.
Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive Mass storage. I intend to add another SSD and HDD in the future to RAID.
Video Card EVGA - GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6GB GAMING Video Card Initially considered the 3Gb variant, but this one should last longer
Case Cougar - Archon ATX Mid Tower Case Cheap case with the color scheme I want. Considered the Dark Base Pro 900 in black/orange, but it costs 4 times this one. Would like recommendations on this subject.
Power Supply Rosewill - 450W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply Picked the cheapest yet considerably trustable PSU in the listing.
Optical Drive LG - UH12NS29 Blu-Ray Reader, DVD/CD Writer For media consumption and backup of vital information. Not really needed, but nice to have.
Monitor Asus - VS228T-P 21.5" 1920x1080 60Hz Monitor Picked this one just to have a price idea.
RGB No RGB

I don't give a damn about RGB. The Ultimate RGB Guide from LTT was gorgeous, but in my opinion it's just a waste of electricity.

7. Sauces

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/gustavolrcoelho/saved/tz7gLk

http://www.userbenchmark.com/PCBuilder/Custom/S45049-M211583.153864.19728.39279.89752vsS45049-M208556.251565.19728.39279.89752?tab=CPU

8. Other notes

• Zero experience actually building
  • Watch LTT's videos everyday
  • Don't really care to understand the charts and stuff from benchmarks. If it works, is stable and have nice results, it is enough.
  • Don't give a damn for overclocking either.

Hi Gustavo, first of all, welcome to the forum, second, I'd go for a Coffee Lake i5 8400 with a Z370 (or wait for the H and B chipsets as they are coming out soon) and maybe a better PSU. Also, I noticed you're going with 16GB of RAM, and for gaming, it would be better to go with only 8GB as RAM prices are crazy high right now, and maybe pay a little extra for a GTX 1070.

Quote me so I can reply back :) 

MY PC-> PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA T2 1000W 80 Plus Titanium MOTHERBOARD: ASUS X370 Crosshair VI Hero CPU: RYZEN 7 3700X RAM: G.Skill 32GB (4X8GB) DDR4 3200MHz C14 GPU: EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 HYBRID STORAGE: Samsung 970 EVO 500GB NVMe SSD; 2TB WD Caviar Blue; Crucial MX500 500GB SSD CUSTOM LOOP: EK-Velocity Nickel + Plexi CPU block, EK-FC1080 GTX Ti Acetal + Nickel GPU Block w/ EK-FC1080 GTX Ti Backplate, EK-XRES 140 Revo D5 PWM, EK-CoolStream PE 240 w/ 2x Noctua NF-F12 Chromax fans, EK-ACF Fitting 10/13mm Nickel, Mayhems UV White tubing 13/10mm, 3x Noctua NF-S12A Chromax case fans

7 minutes ago, Gustavo Coelho said:

I don't give a damn about RGB. The Ultimate RGB Guide from LTT was gorgeous, but in my opinion it's just a waste of electricity.

And third, what the hell is this?! How dare you?!

MY PC-> PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA T2 1000W 80 Plus Titanium MOTHERBOARD: ASUS X370 Crosshair VI Hero CPU: RYZEN 7 3700X RAM: G.Skill 32GB (4X8GB) DDR4 3200MHz C14 GPU: EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 HYBRID STORAGE: Samsung 970 EVO 500GB NVMe SSD; 2TB WD Caviar Blue; Crucial MX500 500GB SSD CUSTOM LOOP: EK-Velocity Nickel + Plexi CPU block, EK-FC1080 GTX Ti Acetal + Nickel GPU Block w/ EK-FC1080 GTX Ti Backplate, EK-XRES 140 Revo D5 PWM, EK-CoolStream PE 240 w/ 2x Noctua NF-F12 Chromax fans, EK-ACF Fitting 10/13mm Nickel, Mayhems UV White tubing 13/10mm, 3x Noctua NF-S12A Chromax case fans

1 minute ago, bruny06 said:

Hi Gustavo, first of all, welcome to the forum, second, I'd go for a Coffee Lake i5 8400 with a Z370 (or wait for the H and B chipsets as they are coming out soon) and maybe a better PSU. Also, I noticed you're going with 16GB of RAM, and for gaming, it would be better to go with only 8GB as RAM prices are crazy high right now, and maybe pay a little extra for a GTX 1070.

Why do you say that? Why is 8Gb better than 16Gb in the case of games? Just for the price? Would't the computer benefit from the bandwidth from the quad-channel?

Just now, bruny06 said:

And third, what the hell is this?! How dare you?!

I knew this would spark some responses. xD Not even sorry. :P

Get 8th gen cpu instead of 7th. you will need another mobo for that with a z370 chipset.

Also get better psu, no point in skimping out in that. Something like corsair cx will do you and if you want modular pick cxm i think it was.

air coolers are cheaper and they work just fine aslong as the case has good airflow. cooler master evo 212 is a good choice.

Also dont get the cheapest case you can find, those cheap cases are cheap for a reason. Get something at around 100€ price range

''Daddy CumTits 2.0'' (pc):

CPU - Intel i7 8700k

GPU - Asus Strix 1080 8gb

RAM - 2x8gb Corsair Vengance 

MOBO - Asus Prime Z370-p

PSU - Corsair RM750x

1 minute ago, Gustavo Coelho said:

Why do you say that? Why is 8Gb better than 16Gb in the case of games? Just for the price? Would't the computer benefit from the bandwidth from the quad-channel?

It's not about dual-channel or quad-channel configuration, it's just that you'd see a much better improvement in games if you go with a GTX 1070 with only 8GB of RAM rather than a GTX 1060 with 16GB of RAM. Even more worth it to pay the extra for the 1070 as you're going with the less budget-friendly 6GB variant of the GTX 1060.

Ops, forgot a line in the Budget & Location about not costing me an arm and a leg. Fixed it.

Just now, Gustavo Coelho said:

Ops, forgot a line in the Budget & Location about not costing me an arma and a leg. Fixed it.

kidney's are a good source of income. also the price diffence between gen 7 and 8 are minimal

CPU - Intel i7 8700k

MOBO - Asus Prime Z370-p

PSU - Corsair RM750x

2 minutes ago, Flavortown2k16 said:

kidney's are a good source of income. also the price diffence between gen 7 and 8 are minimal

Could you do a simmulation of what would be ideal to you, using the https://pcpartpicker.com/?

Also, didn't even noticed you had a Noctua CPU cooler on the list, and in that case, I'd advise you to stick with the stock cooler as it does just fine cooling the CPU at stock speeds and use that cash to help you get a GTX 1070. Also, as @Flavortown2k16 said above, it might be worth it to pick a more expensive, better case. I speak from experience, my first PC had a cheap 26€ case which I later upgraded to a cheap (but better) £23 case. On Christmas I decided to buy myself a nice Phanteks P400S with tempered glass for £80 and ohh boy...I'm probably not buying a cheap case again, the quality is just much much better than cheap cases, not to mention the cable management and looks.

9 minutes ago, Gustavo Coelho said:

Could you do a simmulation of what would be ideal to you, using the https://pcpartpicker.com/?

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/6chCBP

Its missing a case, but any corsair or fractal design at higher price range will do fine, but if you dont think you need that optical drive or can do with a external one, fractal designs defince c (windowed if wanted) is brilliant and it comes with 2 fans that arent loud as fuck.

With that you can upgrade to the 9th gen cpu's if you need, but youll prob need another psu for i7's 

CPU - Intel i7 8700k

MOBO - Asus Prime Z370-p

PSU - Corsair RM750x

20 minutes ago, bruny06 said:

Also, didn't even noticed you had a Noctua CPU cooler on the list, and in that case, I'd advise you to stick with the stock cooler as it does just fine cooling the CPU at stock speeds and use that cash to help you get a GTX 1070. Also, as @Flavortown2k16 said above, it might be worth it to pick a more expensive, better case. I speak from experience, my first PC had a cheap 26€ case which I later upgraded to a cheap (but better) £23 case. On Christmas I decided to buy myself a nice Phanteks P400S with tempered glass for £80 and ohh boy...I'm probably not buying a cheap case again, the quality is just much much better than cheap cases, not to mention the cable management and looks.

8 minutes ago, Flavortown2k16 said:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/6chCBP

Its missing a case, but any corsair or fractal design at higher price range will do fine, but if you dont think you need that optical drive or can do with a external one, fractal designs defince c (windowed if wanted) is brilliant and it comes with 2 fans that arent loud as fuck.

With that you can upgrade to the 9th gen cpu's if you need, but youll prob need another psu for i7's 

Combined both suggestions. https://pcpartpicker.com/user/gustavolrcoelho/saved/TcbZ8d