My cpu and cooler are stuck with thermal paste i need help seperaiting them.

I was trying to clean my pc i was told that the thermal paste neaded to be changed i watched a bunch of videos on how to do this but all of them had the cpu left on the motherboard this was not the case with my situation my cpu came right off with the cooler fan i tryed to seperate them but nothing worked i tryed rubbing alchohol 96% alc and it still didnt work i guess there was too much thermal paste in the first place i tryed heating it with a hair dryer and it still wont seporate.

Please help

-Mihail

1515075005310614870929.jpg

1515075093080592417216.jpg

Run it for a few minutes to heat up the thermal paste, therefore loosening it.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

use a screwdriver and pry it off.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Use heating gun and warm it up a little bit, don't go too hard on it.

1 minute ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Run it for a few minutes to heat up the thermal paste, therefore loosening it.

It is out of my pc case and I cant put the cpu and culer back because of the lever that keeps it in place.

1515075514307853452242.jpg

1 minute ago, CUDA_Cores said:

Don't do that. I cracked a CPUs PCB because it was held on sp tightly by trying to pry it off with a screwdriver. 

To OP:

Grab the CPU by the sides with your hand and twist it in some direction. This will loosen the thermal paste without using a pry tool and will remove the CPU. 

The thermal paste is a year and a half old its pretty hardened.

3 minutes ago, Kraken43 said:

It is out of my pc case and I cant put the cpu and culer back because of the lever that keeps it in place.

1515075514307853452242.jpg

In that case, either twist the CPU or use a heat gun or hair dryer to loosen the paste.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

You gotta twist it.

My Rig

CPU - Ryzen 5 1600@3.8ghz          GPU - XFX XXX RX580 8g          Cooler - Arctic Freezer 33 eSports edition green          Motherboard - Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3          Ram -  G.Skill 2x8 Ripjaws 5 2666                   Case - Pahntecs P400s TGE Modded with Green accents          PSU - Seasonic M1211 evo 620w          SSD - Samsung 960 evo 500 GB          HDD - Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm 2tb       

Fans - 2 be quiet SilentWings 3         OS - Windows 10 Home 64-Bit         Cables - Cable Mod Green Cable Extension

Peripherals

Mouse - Logitech G502          Keyboard - k95 Platinum Brown          Headset - Philips SHP9500s + Vmoda Boom Pro          Monitor - LG 29UM69GB

Webcam - USB webcam for Wii Fitness game xD

Surprised no one has pointed out the already bent pins visible in both pics.

Heating it up and trying to twist it off is a decent option.

only other option i can think of is to used a sewing needle and try and wedge it in between.