Debating Purchase on 240hz panel...

tezza192

I own a 3440 x 1440  100hz monitor and a 1440p 144hz which are great for gaming depending on what you are playing -   I like FPS like CSGO and Overwatch among other games, not into it that hardcore so im not competetive or anything but jusy enjoy playing.

OCUK has a deal on the Predator 240hz panel, its basically half price at £300 on sale, I know its TN and 1080p but has anyone used one of these panels, or used a 240hz monitor?

Im really tempted as this is one of those deals that comes round once in a blue moon, would you say its worth it? Anyone used a 240hz panel, you notice it much over 144?

Really tempted to pull the trigger but just thought id see what the community opinion was on these panels before i do.

Thanks

1 minute ago, M.Yurizaki said:

If you're not already in high-level play, don't bother getting a 240Hz panel.

Plus you have to ensure your GPU can even achieve a performance of something appreciably higher than 144 FPS and as close to 240 FPS. Otherwise it feels like a waste

My GPU and CPU can handle it no problem, just wondered if anyone had used one

TN and 1080p is not a combination that's really worth going for anymore in my opinion, regardless of the refresh rate, but what I would suggest is to see if you can find a display model of one of these somewhere like BestBuy and go take a look for yourself. That way you can at least compare it to an IPS high refresh rate panel and see the difference for yourself. I've used a 240Hz panel and found it to be distinctly underwhelming, especially a TN panel.