ModMic4 Problems

STEAL7HY
Go to solution Solved by AAJoe,

Hello @Tehepic

I listened to that clip and that is not an EMI issue. I don't know what it is, but it could be a faulty mic or maybe a signal interference from a repeating source (router/cell phone).

This is why the splitter and adapter had no effect :).

We've got an awesome tech support team that can help you with this. Please email us at customerservice@antlionaudio.com or even jump into our Discord (link on our website at the top of the page since I don't know what LTT's policy is on linking to your discord) for some live help (though honestly based on that clip you're going to be getting a replacement mic most likely).

Either way we're going to start by testing with all wifi/routers/cell phones unplugged or removed from the room and see if that fixes it.

Yes I have a laptop but it had a combo jack and I bought a splitter and it did the same thing and YouTube said to use this http://a.co/haDzppA but it is also doing the same thing.

1 hour ago, johnukguy said:

Do you still get this if you use the motherboard connection for your setup, rather than the front panel connectors, or vice versa?

Yes I have a laptop but it had a combo jack and I bought a splitter and it did the same thing and YouTube said to use this http://a.co/haDzppA but it is also doing the same thing.

Hello @Tehepic

I listened to that clip and that is not an EMI issue. I don't know what it is, but it could be a faulty mic or maybe a signal interference from a repeating source (router/cell phone).

We've got an awesome tech support team that can help you with this. Please email us at customerservice@antlionaudio.com or even jump into our Discord (link on our website at the top of the page since I don't know what LTT's policy is on linking to your discord) for some live help (though honestly based on that clip you're going to be getting a replacement mic most likely).

Either way we're going to start by testing with all wifi/routers/cell phones unplugged or removed from the room and see if that fixes it.

Director of Marketing for Antlion Audio, creators of the ModMic.

More info at www.ModMic.com

Ask questions, I'm friendly!

On 1/4/2018 at 1:25 PM, AAJoe said:

Hello @Tehepic

Thanks I am already in a email with customerservice@gtdevice.com is that the same people? And I have also joined your Discord

Yep, that's the same (its technically the name of our company, GTdevice).

Director of Marketing for Antlion Audio, creators of the ModMic.

More info at www.ModMic.com

Ask questions, I'm friendly!