Future troubleshooting

Go to solution Solved by Klemmbrett,

There is always a nice 800*600 resolution to show with a very basic display interface that works with every GPU of the last 10+ years. 

I am making an amd build with a ryzen 5 1600 and an asus gtx 1060 on an msi b350 motherboard. Since amd has no integrated graphics, the gpu will have to create the picture for it. Now my issue is the question of will the asus be able to communicate with the ryzen to show bios and basic startup? At least until the point I am able to install the latest drivers? Or am I missing something big here

Edited by Trev___6
Typo

im a little confused, but if my understanding is correct, you wish to know if you will have any display output from your GPU to your monitor prior to windows booting? eg BIOS screen etc?

If so the answer is yes, you will get output from the moment you switch on your machine to go into the bios / see the machine post information etc

2 minutes ago, factorialandha said:

im a little confused, but if my understanding is correct, you wish to know if you will have any display output from your GPU to your monitor prior to windows booting? eg BIOS screen etc?

If so the answer is yes, you will get output from the moment you switch on your machine to go into the bios / see the machine post information etc

Not exactly. I need the bios to install windows via USB. But I won't have any drivers pre installed since it is going to be a custom built pc, so therefore I'm worried the gpu won't be able to communicate and that will result in no picture (not fact just assumptions). I'm very new to pc building, just started

concour. You will have video output. Windows and the BIOS both use a very basic driver for GPUs.

[FS][US] Corsair H115i 280mm AIO-AMD $60+shipping

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

ahh so my response is still accurate, you will get output from the GPU from the moment you switch on, which will show bios post information and allow you to install windows

7 minutes ago, factorialandha said:

ahh so my response is still accurate, you will get output from the GPU from the moment you switch on, which will show bios post information and allow you to install windows

Ah thank you so much!

There is always a nice 800*600 resolution to show with a very basic display interface that works with every GPU of the last 10+ years.