Help With New Build

Go to solution Solved by alex_jenkins,

Staring a new thread. This one seems dead. New thread will have the new details.

Hi! I am planning on building a gaming / light streaming PC (right now I do everything off of my late 2013 MacBook Pro). I Have a budget of about $700 USD. The only preferences I have are that the build is dark colors, blacks and grays preferably. Also I want to have a SSD to boot windows and a 2TB HDD for games / media. Other than that I am open to anything. Thanks in advance!

Adding an HDD might be a stretch. Or maybe it's just me.

PCPartPicker part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/qKCWM8
Price breakdown by merchant: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/qKCWM8/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel - Core i3-8100 3.6GHz Quad-Core OEM/Tray Processor  ($136.93 @ Newegg) 
CPU Cooler: ARCTIC - Freezer 7 Pro Rev.2 45.0 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing CPU Cooler  ($21.99 @ Newegg) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte - Z370P D3 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($117.98 @ Newegg) 
Memory: Crucial - Sport LT 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2666 Memory  ($87.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: SanDisk - SSD PLUS 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($76.98 @ Newegg) 
Video Card: MSI - Radeon RX 560 - 1024 4GB AERO ITX Video Card  ($148.98 @ Newegg) 
Case: Cooler Master - MasterBox Lite 5 ATX Mid Tower Case  ($46.99 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: Corsair - CXM 550W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($59.99 @ Newegg) 
Total: $697.83
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-01-02 23:11 EST-0500

??? Wanna join ??? my free??gift card??? giveaway??? Click ⤵ the subrscribe button?? ,turn? the notifications on ??? and finally leave a nice comment ??down below⬇⬇ , now without further adue ??? lets get on?? with the video▶▶

4 minutes ago, alex_jenkins00 said:

Hi! I am planning on building a gaming / light streaming PC (right now I do everything off of my late 2013 MacBook Pro). I Have a budget of about $700 USD. The only preferences I have are that the build is dark colors, blacks and grays preferably. Also I want to have a SSD to boot windows and a 2TB HDD for games / media. Other than that I am open to anything. Thanks in advance!

Got it gimmie a min

CPU: Intel Core i9 9900K | Ram: 16GB Corsair LPX 3000 DDR4 | Asus Maximus XI Hero Z390 | GPU: EVGA RTX2080 XC | 960 EVO Samsung 500GB M.2 | 850 EVO Samsung 250GB M.2 | Samsung 1TB QVO SSD | 1TB HDD WD Blue 

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 2 in 1 9370 | I7 1065G7 | 32GB DDR4 | 1TB SSD |

2 minutes ago, PerfectPlasma said:

Price breakdown by merchant: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/qKCWM8/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel - Core i3-8100 3.6GHz Quad-Core OEM/Tray Processor  ($136.93 @ Newegg) 
CPU Cooler: ARCTIC - Freezer 7 Pro Rev.2 45.0 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing CPU Cooler  ($21.99 @ Newegg) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte - Z370P D3 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($117.98 @ Newegg) 
Video Card: MSI - Radeon RX 560 - 1024 4GB AERO ITX Video Card  ($148.98 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: Corsair - CXM 550W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($59.99 @ Newegg) 
Total: $697.83
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-01-02 23:11 EST-0500

If adding a HDD is a stretch, I have an external USB 3.0 HDD currently that I run my games off of. I can always use that until purchasing the internal HDD is viable.

7 minutes ago, alex_jenkins00 said:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/J2qMPs

CPU: Intel Core i9 9900K | Ram: 16GB Corsair LPX 3000 DDR4 | Asus Maximus XI Hero Z390 | GPU: EVGA RTX2080 XC | 960 EVO Samsung 500GB M.2 | 850 EVO Samsung 250GB M.2 | Samsung 1TB QVO SSD | 1TB HDD WD Blue 

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 2 in 1 9370 | I7 1065G7 | 32GB DDR4 | 1TB SSD |

3 minutes ago, PerfectPlasma said:

-swoosh-

Never fear, Ryzen is here!

PCPartPicker part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/xPbHVY
Price breakdown by merchant: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/xPbHVY/by_merchant/

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 3 1200 3.1GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($110.98 @ Newegg) 
Motherboard: ASRock - AB350M Pro4 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($60.98 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Toshiba - 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($60.99 @ Newegg) 
Video Card: EVGA - GeForce GTX 1060 3GB 3GB GAMING Video Card  ($229.98 @ Newegg) 
Total: $734.88
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-01-02 23:15 EST-0500

??? Wanna join ??? my free??gift card??? giveaway??? Click ⤵ the subrscribe button?? ,turn? the notifications on ??? and finally leave a nice comment ??down below⬇⬇ , now without further adue ??? lets get on?? with the video▶▶

If you go Intel I would wait for boards with other chipsets to come out. It will probably give you a better bang for your buck in your build.

CPU: Intel Core i7 8700k 3.7Ghz MOBO: AsRock Z370 Extreme4

RAM: Corsair Vengeance (4x4) Storage: Crucial MX300 275Gb | WD Blue 1Tb

GPU: XFX RS RX480 8Gb Case: Corsair 270R PSU: Seasonic Focus+ 750w

Monitors: HP 22cwa | BenQ BL2420PT  Cans: ATH-M50x 

I'd likely be upgrading the system months after I build it l, should I go ATX or Micro ATX?

I take it you have a keyboard, mouse, monitor and headset/headphones and mic. Otherwise you need to make room for them. Also if you are building from scratch you would need to purchase an operating system (EG windows 10) and also you need to make sure you can use an ethernet cable with your router/ whatever you might use in your room. If not your gonna need to buy a wireless network adaptor. Just keep all that in mind.

1 hour ago, Jagged3702 said:

I take it you have a keyboard, mouse, monitor and headset/headphones and mic. Otherwise you need to make room for them. Also if you are building from scratch you would need to purchase an operating system (EG windows 10) and also you need to make sure you can use an ethernet cable with your router/ whatever you might use in your room. If not your gonna need to buy a wireless network adaptor. Just keep all that in mind.

At the moment I have a mouse, keyboard (not a very good one, but I still have one), headset, mic, and a networking set up (ethernet). I'm going to be looking for a new monitor and desk. My desk right now is old and needs an upgrade. I'm not looking to spend more than ~$250 on the monitor, it will be used for 1080p gaming. And my desk will probably be made from Ikea furniture. If anybody wants to make suggestions for both, that'd be great!

32 minutes ago, alex_jenkins00 said:

I'm not looking to spend more than ~$250 on the monitor, it will be used for 1080p gaming.

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/PmyFf7/acer-monitor-umfg6aab01

18 hours ago, Jagged3702 said:

144Hz is the best way. Once u use it u can never go back.

so I've heard xD

On 1/2/2018 at 11:02 PM, alex_jenkins00 said:

UPDATE:

So I got a brand new GTX 1050 Ti (ASUS Dual Series, OC Edition) for $100 USD. I'd like to spend ~$600 US on the rest of the build. I would like to put the extra $60 I saved from the GPU towards the CPU. Suggestions?