AT2020 VS AT2035

Spaceman3600

I was wondering if there was a significant difference between the AT2020 and the AT2035 that is worth the price difference. I am mainly going to be using it for voice overs and chats but I may use it for music a bit. Also if there is a better mic for around the same price please let me know.

I would like to inform you first that both of those are XLR which means you need something to provide phantom power

The 2035 has a cleaner high end and a nicer high pass filter but not worth the extra cash

My life

7 minutes ago, Himommies said:

The 2035 has a cleaner high end and a nicer high pass filter but not worth the extra cash

Is that the only difference?

5 minutes ago, Himommies said:

something to provide phantom power

Yes I know I am going to get some sort of audio interface for that.

35 minutes ago, Spaceman3600 said:

I was wondering if there was a significant difference between the AT2020 and the AT2035 that is worth the price difference. I am mainly going to be using it for voice overs and chats but I may use it for music a bit. Also if there is a better mic for around the same price please let me know.

The AT2035 has a switchable low frequency rolloff at 80Hz,a switchable -10dB pad, better signal/noise ratio, better sensitivity, a shock mount, and a larger diaphragm.

What I'd do is listen to audio samples from both (from the same source is the best idea), then look at the features and go from there.

I personally have the AT2020USB, it's a fantastic microphone, though I wish I got the XLR version and an audio interface instead.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

5 minutes ago, TheKDub said:

What I'd do is listen to audio samples from both (from the same source is the best idea), then look at the features and go from there.

Ok ill have to try that thanks for the info.