Slower boot up time after HDD install

Mojave

Good morning everyone!. I recently installed a 2TB hard drive into my Dell Inspiron 15 7000 gaming laptop with Windows 10 OS. Prior to that, I was using the laptops 250GB SSD. Upon installing the hard drive, naming it with a drive name and moving all games over to the 2TB hard drive while leaving the Windows 10 OS on the SSD like it came from the factory, I've noticed that after installing the 2TB hard drive, Windows 10 now takes longer to boot up, waiting on the Dell screen. 

Best way to put it, it's slower than when the hard drive was installed. Something else that I've noticed after installing the hard drive, sometimes when watching You Tube videos, I now get an issue where the video plays with audio but no video, just a black screen. Upon refreshing the page, everything works fine. It does this every once in awhile. 

So I'm pretty sure this is just a setup issue, all I did was install the drive, format and named the drive. I didn't do anything else to the settings. Does anyone know what I can do so that I can resolve this? 

EDIT: Somehow missed the boot-up part, it's early here. It sounds like a BIOS configuration issue then, if it is hanging on the dell screen for a bit. How does it show up in device manager?

Edited by cox1000
Misread question.

Disclaimer : I might be wrong.

I had similar issue, I bought SSD, moved windows to SDD from HDD and noticed that Windows load slowly

What helped - belive it or not - were 2 things:

1. connect HDD sata cable to SATA port number 3 on my MOBO (firsly it was SSD - sata 1, HDD - sata 2 - and it was weirdly slow)

2. Changed IDE mode to AHCI under SATA mode in BIOS 

System now loads like it should :)

How would one refresh it if I didn't want to reinstall it?

Sorry, I'm new to troubleshooting Windows 10.

2 minutes ago, cox1000 said:

When a large new storage device is added, with a load of files dumped on it (especially game files, as they can be small and numerous), Windows indexes the drive to allow it to be easily searchable, by default. This could be what is causing your slow performance, as the drive will have to deal with multiple requests at once - your requests and Windows' indexing requests. This is assuming that you have not changed the default settings for this. You could turn off file indexing for that drive, or you could wait for it to finish. 

EDIT: Somehow missed the boot-up part. 

Could be, but it started doing on the very first boot up after installing the drive, before formatting. It games just fine, I'm sure it's just a setting. I used a You Tube video to learn how to format and name the drive under computer management. 

2 minutes ago, MIKEsome said:

start -> cog icon -> updates and security -> restore (or something like that, I have Polish language)

Thanks and hello from the states!. There's a Polish lager beer that I love, it's called Zywiec. 

1 minute ago, Mojave said:

Thanks and hello from the states!. There's a Polish lager beer that I love, it's called Zywiec. 

yeah Żywiec, I like it too, it's well known brand here, tomorrow I will drink a cold one to your health (I hope i wrote it right in English) :D

Also I hope my solution will work for You too 

16 minutes ago, cox1000 said:

EDIT: Somehow missed the boot-up part, it's early here. It sounds like a BIOS configuration issue then, if it is hanging on the dell screen for a bit. How does it show up in device manager?

I believe that in the computer management screen, it showed up under the SSD and prior to formatting, it didn't show up at all, just the C: OS SSD. But that's exactly what it's doing, it's just waiting on the Dell screen, then the circles start spinning under the Dell logo and the OS sign in screen shows as normal.

Welcome to my world. I went from ssd to hdd like you but unlike the video below I went for 7200 rpm which your drive likely isn't esp if it's a blue.

Goto 3:35 in the video, YouTube's app denied me that ability.

So I doubt it's Dell or your drive is just 10 being 10.

I have the added benefit of always forcing a boot up using the drive selection because when I installed 10 it did something, Idk what but it usually comes up as no bootable drive found, and yes I've done all bios configurations I could think of...

So welcome to Windows 10 HDD hell.

On 1/2/2018 at 7:36 AM, MIKEsome said:

yeah Żywiec, I like it too, it's well known brand here, tomorrow I will drink a cold one to your health (I hope i wrote it right in English) :D

Also I hope my solution will work for You too 

You wrote it perfect!. If my local international market has Zywiec in stock, I'll pick up some tomorrow after work and I'll drink one for you!. 

Egg-Roll, thanks for that information. I'm thinking my issues might be Bios related as I didn't change any of the setting's after installing the hard drive.