Fan Control Help on GPU

Go to solution Solved by MeerKatz5896521,

i fixed the fan control issue everything is working as normal and the GPU runs great!

HI Guys,

So i just picked a MSI Duke OC 1080TI and installed into my system and install the drivers and all. but for some reason the fan control on the GPU is messed up. i set a custom fan curve on MSI AB but it ignores it completely and just ramps up to 100% fan speed and doesn't go back down until i turn the system off. i don't know if its the GPU just not working correctly or some software bug. PLEASE HELP!

I would say this is a software issue. Does your GPU go to 100% fan regardless of if a curve is applied? I would also recommend trying out a different program to set a fan curve if possible. Also what are the other componets of your system?

2 minutes ago, thefatcat2017 said:

I would say this is a software issue. Does your GPU go to 100% fan regardless of if a curve is applied? I would also recommend trying out a different program to set a fan curve if possible. Also what are the other componets of your system?

The GPU stays at 0% speed but the second i launch a game and it hits 60c degrees on my fan curve biu it doesn't go to the speed i set which is 30% and just goes to 100% and stays there. as for different software i have found there is the MSI Gaming app which i'm about to look at now.

PC Specs,

CPU: i5 4690

RAM: 24GB DDR3

MOBO: Gigabyte h97-HD3

Storage 300 GB SSD and 3TB HDD

ive tried both msi gaming app and EVGA Precision X and problem still persists unless anyone else has a suggestion than please let me know, thanks!

i fixed the fan control issue everything is working as normal and the GPU runs great!