Back light bleed/ ips glow actable ?

WeFee

Hello :) 

So I got this new tv (LG 55UJ635V), and I noticed that on black screens there is a bit of bleed/glow. 

What do you think, am I being a bit nit picky or ? 

B8876458-9498-4900-84FC-C647AC8B1D5C.jpeg

9BCC5546-8D93-4B83-94DF-65E480A30FD2.jpeg

Yup those are backlight bleeding.

Its pretty common on entry level IPS panel.

Some people managed to fix it by ductaping the panel but if you never disassemble any monitor or didnt have the experience then dont do it.

Does it have backlight bleed before? if not then u should RMA it although it would probably still have backlight bleed after u rma it.

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

I love Dark Souls lore, Mice and Milk tea  ^_^ Praise The Sun! \[T]/

I can conquer the world with one hand,As long as you hold the other -Unknown

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

6 minutes ago, Hiya! said:

Yup those are backlight bleeding.

Its pretty common on entry level IPS panel.

Some people managed to fix it by ductaping the panel but if you never disassemble any monitor or didnt have the experience then dont do it.

Does it have backlight bleed before? if not then u should RMA it although it would probably still have backlight bleed after u rma it.

So in this kinda price range thats just something to expect? Would you consider my example as  acceptable ?

3 minutes ago, WeFee said:

So in this kinda price range thats just something to expect? Would you consider my example as  acceptable ?

Yes its something that u have to live with.

Backlight bleed on entry level ips is like a lottery some people might got one with less bleed while other have a lot of bleed.

I think its acceptable i mean its only visible if your monitor display a dark looking color in a dark or dim room.

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

2 minutes ago, Hiya! said:

Yes its something that u have to live with.

Backlight bleed on entry level ips is like a lottery some people might got one with less bleed while other have a lot of bleed.

I think its acceptable i mean its only visible if your monitor display a dark looking color in a dark or dim room.

Okay :) so if you would should rate the bleed on mine would you say its a bad example?

5 minutes ago, WeFee said:

Okay :) so if you would should rate the bleed on mine would you say its a bad example?

hmmm...not really but u got a lot of bleed in there so i'd say 7.5/10 (lower the better)

If u dont want a backlight bleed get a TN panel and sacrifice color and viewing angle or VA panel which has better contrast ratio but still has worse color and viewing angle but i am not sure if those panel are available for a TV because TV are suppose to looks good at every angle cause its in a living room where people look at it at different angle depends on where they sit.

So either get a high end IPS display or sell your kidney and buy OLED TV :P

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

2 minutes ago, Hiya! said:

hmmm...not really but u got a lot of bleed in there so i'd say 7.5/10 (lower the better)

If u dont want a backlight bleed get a TN panel and sacrifice color and viewing angle or VA panel which has better contrast ratio but still has worse color and viewing angle but i am not sure if those panel are available for a TV because TV are suppose to looks good at every angle cause its in a living room where people look at it at different angle depends on where they sit.

So either get a high end IPS display or sell your kidney and buy OLED TV :P

I dont have the $$ for that :P think I will just keep this one :) the photos also make it seem a bit worse than it actually is? ?