My first "non-laptop" computer

Kaboom1
Just now, KaboomTheBomb said:

I'm gonna post updates for my very first build here.
For now I only have the computer case. (Meshify C by fractal design)

So I wanted to ask others if my parts list makes sense or not.

Here is the list: https://de.pcpartpicker.com/list/XJbZnn

Good parts list. Are you planning on buying another 8GB stick of RAM some point in 2018 when the RAM prices go down?

Just now, UniqSeth said:

Good parts list. Are you planning on buying another 8GB stick of RAM some point in 2018 when the RAM prices go down?

Yes because prices are high at the moment.

Please keep in mind:

I may be stupid.

1 minute ago, KaboomTheBomb said:

Yes because prices are high at the moment.

Definitely the way to go.

IF they come down in 2018. I hope to also buy another kit of 2x4 but i think the prices might remain high for a while. 

Just now, Ansger said:

IF they come down in 2018. I hope to also buy another kit of 2x4 but i think the prices might remain high for a while. 

Only time will tell

The Meshify C happens a case after my own heart.  The design is great for the price.  I think you're missing a CPU cooler btw in your list.  <3

CPU: Intel Core i5-4460 3.2 Ghz Quad-core  Motherboard: Dell 088DT1  RAM: Generic Dell 2x4 GB DDR3  GPU: EVGA Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 Superclocked  Case: Corsair Carbide Series 400C - White (with Cooler Master LED Strips)  Storage:  Seagate Barracuda 1 TB  PSU: EVGA 500 W1, 80+ WHITE 500W  Monitor: Asus VS247H-P - 23.6 Inch  Cooling: 3x Corsair AF120 and 3x Corsair SP120 Case Fans  Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum RGB  Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum (Corsair MM300 Gaming Mouse Pad)  Headset: Logitech G930 7.1 Surround Sound Headset  OS: Windows 10

23 hours ago, Xirhanna said:

The Meshify C happens a case after my own heart.  The design is great for the price.  I think you're missing a CPU cooler btw in your list.  <3

I'm going to use the included "wraith spire" cooler for now.
Might get an upgrade some day though...

Please keep in mind:

I may be stupid.

On ‎1‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 9:16 AM, KaboomTheBomb said:

I'm gonna post updates for my very first build here.
For now I only have the computer case. (Meshify C by fractal design)

So I wanted to ask others if my parts list makes sense or not.

Here is the list: https://de.pcpartpicker.com/list/XJbZnn

Looks like a good well rounded system! Nice choices!

Also, you may want to consider adding additional front case fans. Case includes one intake, and one exhaust.

Your motherboard supports up to four case fans.

Share any interests with me? Feel free to message me just to chit chat about whatever. 

(Music) Depeche Mode, The Cure, Pink Floyd, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, Cocteau Twins, MGMT, Boy Harsher, The Smiths, Drab Majesty, Chelsea Wolfe, Carly Rae Jepsen, The Smashing Pumpkins, Virgin Prunes, Sky Ferreira, London After Midnight, Jonathan Coulton, Alvvays, Clan of Xymox, Bauhaus, Siouxsie and the Banshees, Anna Von Hausswolff, Joy Division, Sisters of Mercy, She Wants Revenge, The Frozen Autumn, My Bloody Valentine, Type O Negative, The Birthday Party, Leonard Cohen, Switchblade Symphony, Metallica, Creedance Clearwater Revival, Eagles, Elton John, Billy Joel.

(Games) PUBG, Metro Series, Command and Conquer games, Warhammer 40,000 games, Company of Heroes (2), RDR2, CoD4

(Other) Going to the goth club, Firearms, Building PCs (Especially budget PC builds), Playing instruments (Guitar, Piano APP for PC, Otamatone, Trombone) Camping, Board Games

3 hours ago, BarackOBatman said:

Looks like a good well rounded system! Nice choices!

Also, you may want to consider adding additional front case fans. Case includes one intake, and one exhaust.

Your motherboard supports up to four case fans.

My case supports up to 6 fans.

But my motherboard only supports 4 fans.

Do you know a way to use 6 fans regardless?

I might do that some day...

Please keep in mind:

I may be stupid.

22 hours ago, KaboomTheBomb said:

My case supports up to 6 fans.

But my motherboard only supports 4 fans.

Do you know a way to use 6 fans regardless?

I might do that some day...

sure, there are three ways that come to mind.

1. Use fans that have molex power connection. Just make sure your power supply has the 4 pin molex connectors. If you do this, the fans will run at 100% speed 24/7

2. Buy a 3 or 4 pin PWM fan cable splitter. just check how many pins are on your fans. A 3 pin fan will work in both 3pin and 4 pin splitter. A 4 pin fan will only work on a 4 pin splitter.

3. Buy a fan hub. These come in all sorts of shapes and sizes. Make sure you get one that will connect up to your system. (commonly requires one SATA power connector and one USB 2.0 header on your motherboard.)

Share any interests with me? Feel free to message me just to chit chat about whatever. 

(Music) Depeche Mode, The Cure, Pink Floyd, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, Cocteau Twins, MGMT, Boy Harsher, The Smiths, Drab Majesty, Chelsea Wolfe, Carly Rae Jepsen, The Smashing Pumpkins, Virgin Prunes, Sky Ferreira, London After Midnight, Jonathan Coulton, Alvvays, Clan of Xymox, Bauhaus, Siouxsie and the Banshees, Anna Von Hausswolff, Joy Division, Sisters of Mercy, She Wants Revenge, The Frozen Autumn, My Bloody Valentine, Type O Negative, The Birthday Party, Leonard Cohen, Switchblade Symphony, Metallica, Creedance Clearwater Revival, Eagles, Elton John, Billy Joel.

(Games) PUBG, Metro Series, Command and Conquer games, Warhammer 40,000 games, Company of Heroes (2), RDR2, CoD4

(Other) Going to the goth club, Firearms, Building PCs (Especially budget PC builds), Playing instruments (Guitar, Piano APP for PC, Otamatone, Trombone) Camping, Board Games

1 hour ago, BarackOBatman said:

sure, there are three ways that come to mind.

1. Use fans that have molex power connection. Just make sure your power supply has the 4 pin molex connectors. If you do this, the fans will run at 100% speed 24/7

2. Buy a 3 or 4 pin PWM fan cable splitter. just check how many pins are on your fans. A 3 pin fan will work in both 3pin and 4 pin splitter. A 4 pin fan will only work on a 4 pin splitter.

3. Buy a fan hub. These come in all sorts of shapes and sizes. Make sure you get one that will connect up to your system. (commonly requires one SATA power connector and one USB 2.0 header on your motherboard.)

Alright. Thanks!

Please keep in mind:

I may be stupid.