ATH M40X Earcups

Rienks

Does anyone know the dimensions of the earcups for the M40X? I want to buy a pair but I don't want it to be on ears rather than overs as I have largeish ears. Also what are your thoughts on the ATH-AR3BT headphones and does anyone know the dimensions for the earcups as well? 

Thanks 

Do you play football/soccer?

Cause you look like a left-back

Wow isn't the m40 already an over ear headphone? 

Is your ear that big? 

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

58 minutes ago, Pohernori said:

Wow isn't the m40 already an over ear headphone? 

Is your ear that big? 

It is an over ear headphone. I have larger than normal ears so I just want to make sure. 

I have M50X I has similar dimensions of the ear-cups and cushions. If you want I can give you photos with measurements of my stock cushions. I also have above average size ears and I find the fit perfect. But it is very close to the limit, when I do not adjust the headband length just right, my ears will start to hurt in a longer listening session due to weight pulling/pushing on them. Once I figured this out however I was pleasantly surprised how comfortable these headphones can be.

51 minutes ago, lastlich said:

I have M50X I has similar dimensions of the ear-cups and cushions. If you want I can give you photos with measurements of my stock cushions. I also have above average size ears and I find the fit perfect. But it is very close to the limit, when I do not adjust the headband length just right, my ears will start to hurt in a longer listening session due to weight pulling/pushing on them. Once I figured this out however I was pleasantly surprised how comfortable these headphones can be.

That would be wonderful if you give me the measurements for them. 

Thanks

I made a few pictures with the ear cushion and calipers (not really the best measuring instrument for the job, but this was what I had laying around). The important thing to note is that the ear is supposed to be in the cussion, behind the padding (I placed a USB stick in there for you too hopefully see that and measured the dimensions of the inner spaces from outside that way), but I am sure you already know that. Sorry for the low quality photos btw.

I hope it helps you decide :)

2018-01-02 14.55.31.jpg

2018-01-02 14.56.52.jpg

2018-01-02 14.44.34.jpg

19 minutes ago, lastlich said:

I made a few pictures with the ear cushion and calipers (not really the best measuring instrument for the job, but this was what I had laying around). The important thing to note is that the ear is supposed to be in the cussion, behind the padding (I placed a USB stick in there for you too hopefully see that and measured the dimensions of the inner spaces from outside that way), but I am sure you already know that. Sorry for the low quality photos btw.

I hope it helps you decide :)

2018-01-02 14.55.31.jpg

2018-01-02 14.56.52.jpg

2018-01-02 14.44.34.jpg

Thank you very much this is exactly what I needed. Thank you! 

Your ears should fit, but I would reccomend pad rolling them anyway. Adding some thicker pad massively improves comfort and increases sound stage. Get some HM5 pads.