So I built my new system 2 weeks ago and it was somewhat of a letdown

Specs:

R5 1600 @ stock

Asus Prime b350m-A

8gb(4*2) ram @ 2666mhz

zotac GTX 1070 mini @1860 MHZ @73 c  no OC applied 

500gb HDD

coolermaster MW500 

I don't know what is wrong with it but it seems that whenever I am gaming I have a lot of fps drops for example:

Watch Dogs 2 @ultra I get around 70fps to 60 fps but suddenly while driving I drop to 7fps multiple times and here is a picture of GPU-Z of what happens while driving 

same goes for AC syndicate it works just fine on ultra to ultrahigh I get over 60fps but while driving the carriage I drop way down 

also COD infinite warfare and BF1 whenever there are bombs or intense scene or out of new where I get hit but an fps drop causing stutters 

while these fps drops happen I see my core clock and memory clock hit the ground 

I did run some benchmarks :

I ran Cinebench R15 for 3 times and the CPU seems to be okay to me and AIDA64 for 11m as well stays at 66c no issue 

I ran 3D Mark fire strike as well and here are the scores.

Any Ideas what should I do?

20171228_011642.jpg

Screenshot (1).png

7 minutes ago, TrigrH said:

Found the issue.

What should I do then? What is it 

Just now, Legend Scar said:

What should I do then? What is it 

srsly tho, you use use the msi afterburner overlay to mointor CPU and GPU clock speeds and temperatures when the system drops frames, so you can get a better idea of whats going on. A CPU overclock will help but it shouldn't be the cause.

8 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

Do you have every driver installed from GPU to chipset?  I mean you could try to use DDU then reinstall the GPU driver.  Also, it might help to show usage while you are in these scenarios to make sure which part is causing the slowdown.  BTW, the 1600, as mentioned, does bottleneck a bit in CPU extensive situations when paired with a 1070 or higher.  So, it is most likely that.

I did reinstall win 10 and all my drivers and same issue, I do have a picture form unigine heaven my GPU was going over the power limit which is strange 

Untitled1.png

And somehow my CPU  is at 13% usage but hit 3.7MHZ with no OC lul what is going on 

10 hours ago, valdyrgramr said:

I'd try using DDU to remove the driver then downloading a new driver install then reinstalling.  I'm still suspecting it's the slower than 3000 RAM meeting a CPU bottleneck.  So, I'd still OC both in the bios.

Do you know how to OC the RAMs mine are actually rated at 3000MHZ but they are capped at 2666MHZ 

Disable any core boosting/game boosting set in the BIOS and overclock manually. Also make sure you are running on a clean OS install, not an upgrade and that you have the latest chipset drivers from AMD, which came out a couple of weeks ago and that the BIOS is up to date.

4 hours ago, Legend Scar said:

Do you know how to OC the RAMs mine are actually rated at 3000MHZ but they are capped at 2666MHZ 

Just set DOCP an enabled in bios. (AMD's version of XMP)

OC'ing RAM is pretty difficult and shouldn't be attempted unless you have plenty of time and patience.
Long story short;

Find what specs 3200mhz ram normally are. Take those settings and add more.

Find your max volts that you're willing to use.
So normal - 3200 16-16-16- 30 1T 1.3V.

You - 20-20-20-40 2T 1.4V (or higher if your balls are big enough)

Increase the IMC volts to a safe limit. Different for different boards and chips.

Test. Stable?

Lower the timings one by one. Or lower the volts.

Not stable?

Increase timings or volts.

You may have to test for hours or days. You'll get plenty of BSOD's and possibly a corrupted Windows.

Would I advice OCing ram? No.

It's not a race to the bottom.

16 hours ago, valdyrgramr said:

I'd try using DDU to remove the driver then downloading a new driver install then reinstalling.  I'm still suspecting it's the slower than 3000 RAM meeting a CPU bottleneck.  So, I'd still OC both in the bios.

I did as you said yet nothing worked so far, I did test my CPU and it seems fine and my GPU and seems to be okay as well but way whenever for example while I am driving in watch dogs 2 I get this massive fps drop my GPU and my CPU seem to stop boosting and they drive down to the idle state 

1 hour ago, 0x1e said:

Just set DOCP an enabled in bios. (AMD's version of XMP)

OC'ing RAM is pretty difficult and shouldn't be attempted unless you have plenty of time and patience.
Long story short;

Find what specs 3200mhz ram normally are. Take those settings and add more.

Find your max volts that you're willing to use.
So normal - 3200 16-16-16- 30 1T 1.3V.

You - 20-20-20-40 2T 1.4V (or higher if your balls are big enough)

Increase the IMC volts to a safe limit. Different for different boards and chips.

Test. Stable?

Lower the timings one by one. Or lower the volts.

Not stable?

Increase timings or volts.

You may have to test for hours or days. You'll get plenty of BSOD's and possibly a corrupted Windows.

Would I advice OCing ram? No.

Yup and that's why I am scared of overclocking