GPU not being fully utilized.

PokeCatz

Specs:

i7 3770

AMD HD 7970

I'm only getting in the 40's while the GPU rarely goes above 30%.

I've tried re-installing the GPU drivers and the CPU is only at 20% usage.

None of the settings increase resolution from 800x600 to 1600x900, Very Low or Ultra, nothing really stressed the GPU. Is it an optimization issue? I don't think it is as there are many videos online of people running 1440p ultra with the 7970 and getting above 60 fps.

framerate.PNG

gpu usage.PNG

CPU: Intel Core i7 3770 @ 3.91 GHz RAM: G.Skill 4x4GB 2133Mhz DDR3 GPU: AMD HD 7970 3GB SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 500GB PSU: Corsair HX620W  Motherboard: Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3 Case: Phanteks P400 Tempered Glass (Black) Monitor: Dell P2412H, Dell 2012H Keyboard: Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Classic Mouse: Logitech G203 Prodigy HDD: WD Black 3TB

1 minute ago, Tabs said:

It looks like vsync is on. 

Turned it off and still no change. Only goes from 40-45 FPS.

CPU: Intel Core i7 3770 @ 3.91 GHz RAM: G.Skill 4x4GB 2133Mhz DDR3 GPU: AMD HD 7970 3GB SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 500GB PSU: Corsair HX620W  Motherboard: Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3 Case: Phanteks P400 Tempered Glass (Black) Monitor: Dell P2412H, Dell 2012H Keyboard: Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Classic Mouse: Logitech G203 Prodigy HDD: WD Black 3TB

Is your monitor capable of supporting higher than 60 refresh rate? if it is then it can be the cable. You need a Display port connected to the card to be able to play at higher res and higher refresh rate. my best guess is the cable is bottle necking you. 

Microsoft in there infinite wisdom have decided to impose a VRAM cap for games the that use DX9 o.O. May God Bless them those whoever came up with that idea. :dry:

You're looking for something that does not, has not, will not, might not or must not exist ... ... but you're always welcome to search for it. 

Just now, DeadlyTitan said:

Is your monitor capable of supporting higher than 60 refresh rate? if it is then it can be the cable. You need a Display port connected to the card. my best guess is the cable is bottle necking you. 

Like I said, no SYNC capabilities have been turned on and every other game I play can get 60-300 FPS depending on the settings, so it's specific to this one game.

8 minutes ago, PokeCatz said:

Like I said, no SYNC capabilities have been turned on and every other game I play can get 60-300 FPS depending on the settings, so it's specific to this one game.

I am sorry but i dont see you mentioning what game you were talking about. All i can see is you are only getting 40% of your GPU so i assumed you have this problem in all the games. 

Microsoft in there infinite wisdom have decided to impose a VRAM cap for games the that use DX9 o.O. May God Bless them those whoever came up with that idea. :dry:

You're looking for something that does not, has not, will not, might not or must not exist ... ... but you're always welcome to search for it. 

4 minutes ago, DeadlyTitan said:

I am sorry but i dont see you mentioning what game you were talking about. All i can see is you are only getting 40% of your GPU so i assumed you have this problem in all the games. 

Yea you game that has the issue is the issue obviously so nobody can help you without knowing the name

I agree.
There's me thinking he has a problem with his PC.
Just for him to turn around and say "It's only on this game"
I'm like ..... Ok. I'm out.

It's not a race to the bottom.

10 hours ago, Spookyjugular said:

Yea you game that has the issue is the issue obviously so nobody can help you without knowing the name

8 hours ago, 0x1e said:

I agree.
There's me thinking he has a problem with his PC.
Just for him to turn around and say "It's only on this game"
I'm like ..... Ok. I'm out.

It's on GRID 2. Sorry, I never stated the game it was pretty late and I was tired.