Computer Hard Freeze

Magma

I am having an issue where in some games for example rainbow six, if I press a abnormal key (for example macros, multimedia buttons including pause play or volume adjustment, the home button on a controller) the game will completely freeze and the only way to get out of it is to hit the reset button on my PC. I didn't notice this issue until I got a new corsair keyboard (it's the Corsair K55). My computer is on the lower to mid range end of the spectrum, it runs games fine but I plan on upgrading things in the near future. It doesn't seem like a performance issue because it happens whenever the game is full-screened it doesn't matter if it's in the main menu or the middle of a game. Alt-tab, the windows key, and cntrl - alt - delete all don't work.  

Heyo, it's boyo here.

You installed the Corsair utility drivers ?

Corsair Utility Engine (CUE) Software v2.21.67

18 hours ago, Zmax said:

You installed the Corsair utility drivers ?

Corsair Utility Engine (CUE) Software v2.21.67

Yeah I have

Heyo, it's boyo here.

Have you tried the multimedia keys on a different keyboard, and make sure it's not an issue with your K55. If you don't have one, try the keyboard on a different computer and try to recreate the issue.

If you can't, try connecting the keyboard to a different USB port. Preferably 2.0 if you've been using 3.0 before. If you're still getting issues, regardless of port, try updating your USB 3.0 / chipset drivers. These are found on the motherboard manufacturer's website.

Finally, if this doesn't help either, simply reinstall Windows.

Best of luck.