Good PC?

mankeez

Making a PC for a client. Their budget is around 2700$. Is this a good combo? They say they're going to use it for gaming, editing video and design.

Core i7 7700K

GTX 1080 Aorus

Strix Z270F

32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum

512GB WD Black M.2 SSD

4TB Seagate Barracuda

Corsair 750W Plus Gold Modular

1 minute ago, mankeez said:

Making a PC for a client. Their budget is around 2700$. Is this a good combo? They say they're going to use it for gaming, editing video and design.

Core i7 7700K

GTX 1080 Aorus

Strix Z270F

32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum

512GB WD Black M.2 SSD

4TB Seagate Barracuda

Corsair 750W Plus Gold Modular

I'd say so yeah however you could consider a Ryzen 7 CPU due to it's better multi-threaded performance? 

7 minutes ago, Combustio said:

I'd say so yeah however you could consider a Ryzen 7 CPU due to it's better multi-threaded performance? 

I was thinking about that too but they told me they wanted Intel and nothing else?

Not that I hate intel, I'm in blue team but it pisses me off some people are so blind

1 minute ago, mankeez said:

I was thinking about that too but they told me they wanted Intel and nothing else?

Not that I hate intel, I'm in blue team but it pisses me off some people are so blind

Yeah :P maybe they've heard about some of the ram issues some people have had and just want it to work? My Ryzen 5 has been perfect for me anyway - brilliant in gaming and for use in inventor

4 minutes ago, Combustio said:

Yeah :P maybe they've heard about some of the ram issues some people have had and just want it to work? My Ryzen 5 has been perfect for me anyway - brilliant in gaming and for use in inventor

Totally agree. I'll try to pry them a bit and see if I can convince them but it doesn't look good.

3 minutes ago, mankeez said:

Totally agree. I'll try to pry them a bit and see if I can convince them but it doesn't look good.

Well good luck! And by going for a Ryzen 5 they could even spend a little less maybe lol

1 minute ago, AugOwnz said:

2700$ for only a 7700k and a gtx 1080 seems a bit high on price.

Dom Plats, 512Gb M.2 SSD. Those jack up the price quite a bit

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

Just now, Crunchy Dragon said:

Dom Plats, 512Gb M.2 SSD. Those jack up the price quite a bit

I guess but what's the advantage of going for higher price ram when lower priced one does pretty much the same thing (ofc taking clockspeed into consideration).

I would proposed a USB external backup drive. Losing important and time consuming documents, would be a major failure 

5 minutes ago, Zmax said:

I would proposed a USB external backup drive. Losing important and time consuming documents, would be a major failure 

They already have a 2TB external backup drive and they told me they wiped it clean to make room for the new PC so we're ok storagewise.

Why would use use a 7700k when you can build with 8700k and get a extra 2 cores. And know the system will last longer with out being outdated.

If you're  building a computer for a client and they want Intel just because it's Intel... I wish they'd do a bit more research or just let you pick what's best... 

"The only thing that matters right now is that you're here, and you're safe."