Help with my issue regarding android device storage.

Dead_ghost
Go to solution Solved by MaktimS,

I am running out of space on my Zenfone 2 laser too. (You have Zenfone as well, haven't you?) Files that occupy the most of space are hidden. I am planning to do factory reset, because I am fed up with this. Hopefully, it will delete all the bs that is hiding somwhere in my phone

Screenshot_20171228-140601.jpg

Screenshot_20171228-140556.jpg

I keep maximum of my data in my sd card but my internal storage was always running low,so I analyzed the storage with inbuilt file manager. And I saw two files namely .thumbdata3--1967290299 and .thumbdata3-1763508120 and each was of 4.something GB. So I deleted those two files but even now I'm running low on storage and when I use storage analyses it shows that the used memory is just 2.5 GB and those .thumbnail files were even not present. I've lost nearly 8GB of total 11.31 GB. I'll appreciate any help.

Screenshot_2017-12-28-17-28-08.jpg

Screenshot_2017-12-28-17-28-27.jpg

Screenshot_2017-12-28-17-28-35.jpg

How often you get app updates? they eat a lot of space and i have same problem.

Regulairy a message that updates cant install because too less space while having ~100gb free on sd card lol

apps seems not use sd cards so best you can do is copy files manualy to sd card.

I always try to avoid all the updates as i dont think its needed to have most apps update each week lol

it just sucks

23 minutes ago, Highflow said:

How often you get app updates? they eat a lot of space and i have same problem.

Regulairy a message that updates cant install because too less space while having ~100gb free on sd card lol

apps seems not use sd cards so best you can do is copy files manualy to sd card.

I always try to avoid all the updates as i dont think its needed to have most apps update each week lol

it just sucks

I have moved maximum of apps to sd card and if that was the case it should have been shown by the analyzer but the maximum of space is missing just fucking missing

I am running out of space on my Zenfone 2 laser too. (You have Zenfone as well, haven't you?) Files that occupy the most of space are hidden. I am planning to do factory reset, because I am fed up with this. Hopefully, it will delete all the bs that is hiding somwhere in my phone

Screenshot_20171228-140601.jpg

Screenshot_20171228-140556.jpg

I'm also thinking about doing the same, guess it will free space