Virtualization vs. Full Rig (Gaming / Video-Editing)

Hey all,

I´d like to spend some money on a new gaming / video-editing system for me and my wife. I saw the older "2 Gaming Rigs - 1 Tower" video of linus and loved the idea to only have 1 case staying around, but still having enough power to run at least 2 operating systems at full load without affecting each others experience.

Before I go into detail about budget, the detailed specs and stuff, I´d like to know, if there is a significant difference in the power of each virtualized rig, compared to separated systems?! 

And another more specific question:

Let´s take the case of a virtualized 16-core system (for simplicity reasons: 8-cores per system) - will there be, more or less, half the amount of power-consumption if I only boot one of the systems compared to starting both?

Thanks in advance
Simson

I'm not sure, but It makes sense to say yes to more than half the power consumption. If you're keeping two OS on one system technically the two "systems" will be on, but only one will be actively on.

??? Wanna join ??? my free??gift card??? giveaway??? Click ⤵ the subrscribe button?? ,turn? the notifications on ??? and finally leave a nice comment ??down below⬇⬇ , now without further adue ??? lets get on?? with the video▶▶