HD 7870 graphics problem

DiamondFX
Go to solution Solved by wng_kingsley7,

Swap out the cable/display interface connector your using to another, put it at stock. If you still have troubles just do what @Altecice RMA it!

My friend has the following rig:

M5A97 EVO R.2
FX6300
HD 7870
4X2 8GBs OF RAM
CORSAIR CX 600W
1TB SEAGATE 

His problem is here: 

He has installed the latest AMD drivers. He formatted and tried everything. But there are dots on the screen, usually hard to see but quite visible in 'chrome.exe'. Also, the desktop frame shifts in the second image. 

Any ideas why this might be happening? 

BTW, he has tried the system with a different monitor. 

Thanks. 

CPU: Ryzen 7-3700x 4.4GHz, MB: ASUS PRIME B450M-AGPU: SAPPHIRE RX 590, RAM: 16GB Corsair 3200MHz, SSD: 480GB Kingston HDD: 2TB WD Green, CHASSIS: CoolerMaster HAF 912, PSU: CoolerMaster Thunder 700W, COOLERHyper 212 Black Edition

Check the cable, reseat the GPU, check for overheating.

[TRUENO] i7 4770k (~4.4Ghz, 1.28v) || Thermalright Macho 120 || Asus Z87 Gryphon || 2x8Gb Mushkin Blackline|| Reference NVIDIA GTX770 || Corsair Neutron GTX 480GB || 2x3TB WD HDD || Corsair 350D || Corsair RM750

Put the card in your system if you still get the issue, RMA it

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

Swap out the cable/display interface connector your using to another, put it at stock. If you still have troubles just do what @Altecice RMA it!

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

<| Project M13 & Silverstream. Other DIY projects |>

Check the cable, reseat the GPU, check for overheating.

We have tried DVI too same problem. He is using a standard HDMI cable which he used for his laptop and no problem occured. The card is at stock. Here is the GPU-Z:

vgdnf.jpg

I found the RPM too much what do you guys think? Any more suggestions? 

CPU: Ryzen 7-3700x 4.4GHz, MB: ASUS PRIME B450M-AGPU: SAPPHIRE RX 590, RAM: 16GB Corsair 3200MHz, SSD: 480GB Kingston HDD: 2TB WD Green, CHASSIS: CoolerMaster HAF 912, PSU: CoolerMaster Thunder 700W, COOLERHyper 212 Black Edition

We have tried DVI too same problem. He is using a standard HDMI cable which he used for his laptop and no problem occured. The card is at stock. Here is the GPU-Z:

vgdnf.jpg

I found the RPM too much what do you guys think? Any more suggestions? 

RPM fine. My 7770 goes faster than that at idle.

[TRUENO] i7 4770k (~4.4Ghz, 1.28v) || Thermalright Macho 120 || Asus Z87 Gryphon || 2x8Gb Mushkin Blackline|| Reference NVIDIA GTX770 || Corsair Neutron GTX 480GB || 2x3TB WD HDD || Corsair 350D || Corsair RM750

BTW, thanks all you guys. You're all 'balls to the walls'. I think his gonna RMA it...

Best.