Can PSU explosion while using PC can Injured me or like instant house fire?

Subzidite

Just wonder , 

and it comes to when I sometimes during day of using hearing a buzzing/electrical noise and weirdly it would happened a couple minutes after I exit the game,Rarely happened while gaming, but it'll go away after while.

I think it's the coil whine ,everything still fine. I find threads around here and Toms said that its just annoyance coil whine, Nothing to worry

also this noise occured since August , mostly will happened when other room turn on the Water Heater. Sometime during GPU intensive games (but I do turn Vsync on as always)

Seasonic X-Series 750w 80+Gold , 1 year old

it comes to my mind that can PSU explosion like hurt or injured me or causing instant fire that I wont be able to extinguished in time?

I do also have Overthinking & Anxiety Disorders so When I heard buzzing it's like I already jump the gun to worst scenario ("Oh its gonna explode , that parts gonna split into me. I could dead or hospitalized), but that's just I'm over thinking it right?. I mean ok explosion can happened but not that kind of scenario I mentioned above?

Not sure where to post situations like this , So I go here. Thanks in advance

3 minutes ago, Subzidite said:

Just wonder , 

and it comes to when I sometimes during day of using hearing a buzzing/electrical noise and weirdly it would happened a couple minutes after I exit the game,Rarely happened while gaming, but it'll go away after while.

I think it's the coil whine ,everything still fine

it comes to my mind that can PSU explosion like hurt or injured me or causing instant fire that I wont be able to extinguished in time?

I do also have Overthinking & Anxiety Disorders so When I heard buzzing it's like I already jump the gun to worst scenario ("Oh its gonna explode , that parts gonna split into me. I could dead or hospitalized), but that's just I'm over thinking it right?. I mean ok explosion can happened but not that kind of scenario I mentioned above?

Umm... I don't think you will be injured in case a power supply explodes. Even if, it's in a metal case. Is your power cable plugged in correctly? What power supply is it? Is it some kind of cheap ass PSU you got somewhere for next to nothing?. MAybe check your graphics card if it makes the noises

My Box of Fµn:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 1600

GPU - Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 Windforce

RAM - Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4

MoBo - MSI B350 PC Mate

Case - Phanteks P400s Tempered Glass

PSU - BeQuiet 500W PurePower 10

Fans - BeQuiet PureWings 120mm x3; 140mm x2

Cooler - Corsair H100i v2

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

and THE POWER OF RGB

4 minutes ago, Subzidite said:

Just wonder , 

I think it's the coil whine ,everything still fine

You PSU should have a failsafe that shuts it down if it sees over temperature or over voltage situations, so no it shouldn't explode.

That said, the noise you are hearing is a sign you should replace the faulty component with something new ASAP.

It wont be any explosion you see on TV or movies. If you have bad luck, it will be flash of light combined with loud noise and some smoke. I've heard people even seen flames. But unless you are touching case or really near (like right next to) PSU, there won't be any physical harm. Fire can start. Again, depends on situation. If there's something easily flammable near PSU when it happen, sure. But would your table, mouse pad or clothes catch fire? Unlikely. It will be very brief.

When people scare about "fire hazard", they mean worst case scenario. Like if PC would be on carpet, PSU right next to that material and there would be short-circuit. Meaning that wires would get hot, heating PSU shroud and other things around eventually causing carpet to catch fire. Same thing can happen with toaster oven or phones charger.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

1 minute ago, PrashMotion said:

Umm... I don't think you will be injured in case a power supply explodes. Even if, it's in a metal case. Is your power cable plugged in correctly? What power supply is it? Is it some kind of cheap ass PSU you got somewhere for next to nothing?. MAybe check your graphics card if it makes the noises

Seasonic xseries 750w 80+ gold , 1 year old

1 minute ago, Subzidite said:

Next time try listening to where to noise comes from, you won't get injured if your PSU would suddenly fail, most likely some safety mechanism, or even a circuit breaker would cut the power. If it gets too hot (you can check if it does) theres an overtemperature protection in there. so no worries

My Box of Fµn:

CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 1600

GPU - Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 Windforce

RAM - Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4

MoBo - MSI B350 PC Mate

Case - Phanteks P400s Tempered Glass

PSU - BeQuiet 500W PurePower 10

Fans - BeQuiet PureWings 120mm x3; 140mm x2

Cooler - Corsair H100i v2

and THE POWER OF RGB

17 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

It wont be any explosion you see on TV or movies. If you have bad luck, it will be flash of light combined with loud noise and some smoke. I've heard people even seen flames. But unless you are touching case or really near (like right next to) PSU, there won't be any physical harm. Fire can start. Again, depends on situation. If there's something easily flammable near PSU when it happen, sure. But would your table, mouse pad or clothes catch fire? Unlikely. It will be very brief.

When people scare about "fire hazard", they mean worst case scenario. Like if PC would be on carpet, PSU right next to that material and there would be short-circuit. Meaning that wires would get hot, heating PSU shroud and other things around eventually causing carpet to catch fire. Same thing can happen with toaster oven or phones charger.

heres the range ,not sure if this is too close 

(red square is the Seasonic PSU) (green square is where I sit and use the PC)

8LGv1lP.jpg

17 minutes ago, Subzidite said:

Thats quality PSU. If it has still warranty, I would contact to Seasonic and ask if thats enough for RMA.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

1 minute ago, Subzidite said:

heres the range ,not sure if this is too close 

(red square is the Seasonic PSU) (green square is where I sit and use the PC)

8LGv1lP.jpg

Nowhere near. Your mousepad would catch fire first.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Even those Diablo psu wont harm u if they explode :P

24 minutes ago, Subzidite said:

Those psu has like 7 years of warranty.

If u still have a proof of purchase then RMA it.

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

I love Dark Souls lore, Mice and Milk tea  ^_^ Praise The Sun! \[T]/

I can conquer the world with one hand,As long as you hold the other -Unknown

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

10 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Nowhere near. Your mousepad would catch fire first.

Ok , Thank you very much. Very last question before I'll go take a bed tonight. I know this would may be some nonsense thing but just curious

as you see the PSU Plug Cable in red square , my cable management is they're not straight and have a cornering like in the picture (the Plug is connecting between UPS which is near the mic and onto the red square you've seen , UPS cord into the Wall)

theres no difference like you need to make that cable straight right (like im not decrease the lifespan or long-term damaging by just that)

Just the cable you seen , nothing related with cable inside the case

43 minutes ago, Subzidite said:

theres no difference like you need to make that cable straight right (like im not decrease the lifespan or long-term damaging by just that)

Just the cable you seen , nothing related with cable inside the case

If you would kink it really tight or crust it next to plug, then we would talk about issues. My case is pushed right next to wall, I have blanket about 30cm from PSU and I just broke rear power switch from this PSU. My PC would catch fire faster than yours, but I've also witnessed PSU blow up, so I'm not that worried.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

I've only had one power supply blow up on me and all it did was a small flash then it never turned on again.

It was being tested and one of the caps blew, luckily no hardware was lost with it.

I'd probably say it's highly unlikely to catch fire.

Hi ,back on again. Forgot couple questions , back on my specs above If I want to change a New PSU what should I get? I think i'll aim the 750W again. I'm aiming the right one?

with the specs above 11-13 Hrs a Day , Daily 

Dusty? There is noticeable of dust but I clean it every month. just around the surface of all hardwares and areas I can put my microfiber in

Other Requirements Im looking is 

- not much hot or heat 

- No Coil whine , or at least less coil whine than X-Series

- Durable , longevity

My Choice Seeing from My Advice Store (seriously , its store name is Advice)

I'll link the Store link for , even though its Thai Language I want to make sure if it's actually a model in Tier 1 List

Seasonic Focus Plus 750 Gold

https://www.advice.co.th/branch-u083/index.php/product/A0104038

Focus Plus 750 Platinum

https://www.advice.co.th/branch-u083/index.php/product/A0104039

Prime 750w Gold

https://www.advice.co.th/branch-u083/index.php/product/A0102672

Due to I'm in Thailand things like BeQuiet,BitFenix are not available here. Mostly Seasonic and other Tier 1 Brand dont have the Tier 1 Models listed on LTT's Tier List , like theres no RMi/RMX/Project7/Nightjars 

Seasonic only choice for me seems to be 

Also , does upgrading from Gold to Platinum have any cons? like if its gold you should be on gold forever