Corsair h100i v2 worse liquid temperatures with new fans

Vandeloy

I got new fans for my Corsair 100i v2! Namely the Corsair ml120 pro's. I used to get liquid temperatures of 33-34°C when gaming on the silent preset in Corsair Link. Now I get liquid temps of about 37°C on that very same preset. I know that the ml120's overall don't have as a high RPM as the original fans but even on a higher preset like Default or Performance I'm getting higher temperatures. I have to say that I have my fans sucking air into the case. If I have them pushing air out of the case I get even worse temperatures. Does anyone know why I have increased temperatures now? Might it be worth trying a push-pull configuration? Thanks in advance!

20171225_211105.jpg

19 minutes ago, Swiip said:

Hi

Maybe the old fans had a better static pressure than the new ones. For radiators, higher pressure is helpful.

Can you make a picture of the old fans?

Corsair even has fans especially for radiators and heat sinks.

http://www.corsair.com/en-gb/air-series-sp120-high-performance-edition-high-static-pressure-120mm-fan

Can't take a picture right now, but they look like this. I didn't have static pressure on my radar for some reason. Should have done my research properly.

h100i_v2_02.png

The original fans have a max static pressure of 4.65 mmH2O

Whereas the Corsair ml120 pro have 0.2 - 4.2 mmH20 and they are also labeled as case fans.

But 37° is still really good, i don't think that you lose any performance with this new fans.

I let my fans run on near silent, temperature get up to 50° when i game, but it doesn't throttle.

You let the liquid get that hot? Right now my CPU tramps are still completely fine (mid 60's when playing GTA5) but I'm worried when summer comes around and my ambient temperature rises from 20°C to almost 30°C

The liquid is always cooler than the CPU temp, and there is no problem when it get to 70°. Do you overclock your CPU ?

Could you trie to mount the fans on top? So that they push the air through the fan, but still in intake configuration. Fans build up more pressure when the push the air instead of pulling it through.

26 minutes ago, Swiip said:

The liquid is always cooler than the CPU temp, and there is no problem when it get to 70°. Do you overclock your CPU ?

Could you trie to mount the fans on top? So that they push the air through the fan, but still in intake configuration. Fans build up more pressure when the push the air instead of pulling it through.

Unfortunately there isn't enough space to mount them above the radiator. A case fan at the back would be blocking everything. I don't overclock but have an i7 7700k which tends to run pretty hot already out of the box.

hmm, if you have enought front fans, you could maybe remove the rear exaust fan.

I had a system running like this for 4 years, if you have lots of intake, the air goes out anyway ( but i used a rear exaust graka).

Do you use a rear exaust grafik card, or does it heat up the air inside?

10 minutes ago, Swiip said:

hmm, if you have enought front fans, you could maybe remove the rear exaust fan.

I had a system running like this for 4 years, if you have lots of intake, the air goes out anyway ( but i used a rear exaust graka).

Do you use a rear exaust grafik card, or does it heat up the air inside?

Unfortunately only have 1 fan in the front. I think my GPU heats up the air inside and isn't an exhaust. The fan in the back seems to be 120mm and the one in front 140mm so I also can't really move the fan to the front

hmm, i would just keept it like this, and check the temperatures again in the summer.

i dont think they gona be a problem as long as you not overclock. Maybe it gets a little louder.

5 minutes ago, Swiip said:

hmm, i would just keept it like this, and check the temperatures again in the summer.

i dont think they gona be a problem as long as you not overclock. Maybe it gets a little louder.

Yeah I'll just keep it the way it is now. In summer I'll see again! Thanks for the help :)