RX 580 8GB vs GTX 1060 6GB

I want to upgrade my old screen (Acer AL2216W), plus my GTX 660, but after much reading topics with the same doubt, I can't seem to find a consensus...

My current rig is: Ryzen 1600x, 16GB RAM, 350 MoBo.

Since I have to buy a monitor anyway I figured a Freesync one (24", 144hz, 1ms, 1920x1080) plus the RX 580 might be a good idea, but since the 1060 6GB is close to the same price and the monitor would work the same (without the Freesync), the final price would also be pretty much the same.

I want whatever combo would work better, give me the best performance for the next games:

• Path of Exile
  • Upcoming Dragon Ball FighterZ
  • Upcoming Monster Hunter World

Thank you.

Howdy, I had the exact same question with the exception of a different model Acer monitor.  Mine is 27 inches.  The response I got, with a good bit of conversation and research, was the RX 580 was the better choice.

freesync would make your gaming experience much smoother so I'd get the 580+freesync monitor unless it costs alot more than the 1060.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

I'd go 580 + freesync if its the same cost as 1060 + no sync(Which it will be, cause Gsync has a stupid premium on it).

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

Nevermind :P

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

1 minute ago, Absolution said:

What about the monitor, any suggestion?

Thanks.

Any monitor that fits your budget and needs will do. Just watch out for the freesync range. prefered is 35-144Hz, but some monitors have a range smaller than that.