Does these readings mean my card is unstable?

Zyfiel
Go to solution Solved by SkilledRebuilds,

You WANT GPU usage to be at 97% or higher, using the maximum potential of the GPU.

GPU Power - You do not need to be 100%, the reading is just for whats the card is currently using (iE it would be more with fans at 100% yet not faster performing)

GPU power will go up with an OC, when it hits close to the Power Limit of 100%, it will declock a little, just like if it hit a temp limit (83*c)

You have GPU power left over (headroom) so you could likely have ample left for an overclock (does not mean overclocking gets more stable at higher clocks)

Raise the Core by 100Mhz, then 20-50Mhz thereafter each test. Monitoring Clocks/Temps/Power with GPU-Z or MSI

If it crashes, revert to previous stable clock seen/saved and continue. (Do Core + MeM) clocking seperately.

Hey guys! 

So I have a 750 ti but recently I've been thinking about upgrading so I can play the most recent games. But I thought I could overclock it to get a bit of extra life out of it. So I fired up Unigine Heaven. So I watched some youtube videos while it was running to see if it was stable without an overclock. But than I got this result. Overclocking it doesn't seem to make it that much worse however. Then I also tried the benchmark on my lenovo thinkpad workstation with a quadro M500M and got the same result. 

Any Ideas?  

BTW: The card is now 3 years old, but the workstation is only 8 months

Afterburner.png

Currently developing games for the visually impaired/blind. Love computers and cute things. Am I cute?  

Ryzen 3700X, ASROCK pro4, 32 GB Corsair venguence rgb 3200, Radeon 580

You're talking about the GPU usage, right?  No it just means that the GPU is being utilised at varying amounts during the benchmark, which is normal - different scenes require a different amount of GPU power.

You WANT GPU usage to be at 97% or higher, using the maximum potential of the GPU.

GPU Power - You do not need to be 100%, the reading is just for whats the card is currently using (iE it would be more with fans at 100% yet not faster performing)

GPU power will go up with an OC, when it hits close to the Power Limit of 100%, it will declock a little, just like if it hit a temp limit (83*c)

You have GPU power left over (headroom) so you could likely have ample left for an overclock (does not mean overclocking gets more stable at higher clocks)

Raise the Core by 100Mhz, then 20-50Mhz thereafter each test. Monitoring Clocks/Temps/Power with GPU-Z or MSI

If it crashes, revert to previous stable clock seen/saved and continue. (Do Core + MeM) clocking seperately.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz