Pc not getting power

John0105

There's a fairly good chance your PSU may be bricked, or close to. I was experiencing a problem similar to this and narrowed it down to the PSU, except mine was able to spin the fans and the HDD.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

try checking all PSU cables are 100% fully in, PSU cables are kind of annoying, worst case scenario, pull it apart and try again, nothing seems to be wrong with your components, there's a very small chance you got a defective PSU, but I would keep that as the last possibility once I've eliminated all other possible issues.

2 minutes ago, Nizo_GTO said:

try checking all PSU cables are 100% fully in, PSU cables are kind of annoying, worst case scenario, pull it apart and try again, nothing seems to be wrong with your components, there's a very small chance you got a defective PSU, but I would keep that as the last possibility once I've eliminated all other possible issues.

I've taken it all apart twice and still the same thing

3 minutes ago, John0105 said:

I've taken it all apart twice and still the same thing

8 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

There's a fairly good chance your PSU may be bricked, or close to. I was experiencing a problem similar to this and narrowed it down to the PSU, except mine was able to spin the fans and the HDD.

I wouldn't bet on it, but since you've taken it apart multiple times, I suggest contacting the retailer's customer service to see if you can send in the PSU for an RMA, there is a change that your motherboard is defective, but I'm not sure how you might be able to narrow down the issue. 

You maybe have a case fan round what you can connect to the psu molex just to test if there is some power on 12 volt...

Plug a POST speaker in to the board and see what codes your BIOS is kicking out.

And as Crunchy Dragon said, your powersupply might not be powering up all the power rails on the 24 pin cable, meaning only some modules of the mobo (like your RAM) are getting power, this would stop the machine from spinning up fans or powering up your GFX Card.