Best SSD for cheap?

Xanthe_2871

Hi, I have a computer that's been very slow, and I've tracked it down to the hard drive. It's not a very good one, and it's slowing down the system as a whole. I want an SSD to fix this, but I don't need much space. Really, 50-100 GB is plenty. So what's a good, small, cheap, and reliable SSD? I'd like to spend less than $50 if I can. Even a 32 GB SSD, if they make those, would be fine. And it needs to use the same connection as the hard drive, sata I think? Whatever the new one is that replaced those bulky hard drive cables. Not the M2 or whatevers. 

Thanks!

Yes, it's 2871 as in the year 2871. I traveled all this way, back in time, just to help you. And you thought your mama lied when she said you were special-_-

6 minutes ago, CUDA_Cores said:

What will this computer be used for? Just browsing the web or do you plan to install large files onto this SSD like games or videos?

Also, where do you live? I need to know so I can check local prices in your area.

It's for an all in one, used for web browsing almost exclusively. And Washington. Although I'm in Southern California for business often enough, including three days this week. :)

Yes, it's 2871 as in the year 2871. I traveled all this way, back in time, just to help you. And you thought your mama lied when she said you were special-_-

On 12/19/2017 at 5:02 PM, CUDA_Cores said:

Okay if you want to be cheap, get this SSD. It's 60 GB and these are really old so not great, but I have tested these myself and they do feel much faster than a system that is simply an HDD for boot:

($25)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Intel-520-Series-2-5-SATA-6Gb-s-60GB-SSD-Solid-State-Drive-SSDSC2CW060A3-HDD/132440088013?epid=1523680660&hash=item1ed60b5dcd:g:oN0AAOSwU4FaOW09

For $48 you could also buy this new 120GB SSD on newegg:

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820225081

Select the one depending on how much you want to spend. 

Oh awesome, thank you so much! I think I'll go with the eBay one. :)