Best method to deepclean watercooling loop?

Hey everyone!

i’m in the need to perform a deepclean of my Custom loop.

however it has some old parts from an AIO system and now the water needs to be replaced.

i’ve heard/read before about going with hot water mixed with acetic acid and let it run, and redo this until the water is clear and the different parts are clean.

however i’m unsure with the mixture.

Should it be 50/50% and then over time lower the acetix acid to maybe 10/90 water?.

also what should be used inbetween the cleaning process to clean out? Tap water or regular cooliant?

if you have any methods or recommend Way to do this, then please let me know ?

26 minutes ago, kladzen said:

Hey everyone!

however it has some old parts from an AIO system and now the water needs to be replaced.

i’ve heard/read before about going with hot water mixed with acetic acid and let it run, and redo this until the water is clear and the different parts are clean.

Should it be 50/50% and then over time lower the acetix acid to maybe 10/90 water?.

also what should be used inbetween the cleaning process to clean out? Tap water or regular cooliant?

Just go with EK Cryofuel.

1 hour ago, kladzen said:

Hey everyone!

For cleaning you can use regular tap water just be sure to give the final rinses before assembly with distilled water. As for cleaning and such a vinegar solution works well, another is using phosphoric acid like the use in Mayhem’s Blitz cleaning kit. 

There a mixture recommendation for these solutions? Any idea how long is too long? 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

2 hours ago, Mick Naughty said:

There a mixture recommendation for these solutions? Any idea how long is too long? 

It depends but I do a 50/50 mix of vinegar, if you use something much stronger like phosphoric or muriatic acid your going to want to dilute it to around a few percent. How long you leave it in really depends on a case by case basis where excessive build up or oxidization is going to take some time for it to get through. It's not bad to do it a couple of times with a vinegar solution I find to clean it all out, just be sure to use a baking soda solution afterwards to help neutralize any remaining acid and heavily rinse out the rads. 

12 hours ago, W-L said:

It depends but I do a 50/50 mix of vinegar, if you use something much stronger like phosphoric or muriatic acid your going to want to dilute it to around a few percent. How long you leave it in really depends on a case by case basis where excessive build up or oxidization is going to take some time for it to get through. It's not bad to do it a couple of times with a vinegar solution I find to clean it all out, just be sure to use a baking soda solution afterwards to help neutralize any remaining acid and heavily rinse out the rads. 

Vinegar and hot water Will be the solution i Will be donig aswell... however What would you use for final rinse to get rid of the vinegar acid...? Watercooling cooliant? Regular tapwater or something Else?

1 hour ago, kladzen said:

Vinegar and hot water Will be the solution i Will be donig aswell... however What would you use for final rinse to get rid of the vinegar acid...? Watercooling cooliant? Regular tapwater or something Else?

As said you would first want to neutralize it with a baking soda solution, after you can rinse and flush it out with regular tap water to remove any remaining baking soda. For your final few rinses before assembly it will have to be done with distilled water.