water cooler radiator placement

Byu

I am starting a new build with full tower case azza GT 1 and trying to install coolermaster masterliquid 120.  The radiator pipe is too long, if I install in it on rear of the case where case fan is located, the tube would bend too much, the case has fan screw hole on top the case.  the radiator pipe would starch and bend less when mount on top of case.   

is it ok to mount the radiator on top of the case?   any suggestions?

Just mount it where it has the best airflow. As long as the tubes aren't bending the fittings or kinking your fine.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

2 minutes ago, Byu said:

I am starting a new build with full tower case azza GT 1 and trying to install coolermaster masterliquid 120.  The radiator pipe is too long, if I install in it on rear of the case where case fan is located, the tube would bend too much, the case has fan screw hole on top the case.  the radiator pipe would starch and bend less when mount on top of case.   

is it ok to mount the radiator on top of the case?   any suggestions?

Welcome to the Forums!

Yes you can install it in the top or anywhere you can solidly mount the rad. 

While doing research concerning placement of an AIO, it would be natural when mounting the rad in the top of the case to place the tubes on the rad in the downward position (of course), but when placing the rad in a vertical position, be sure to place the tubes towards the bottom of the case.  Placing the tubes towards the bottom of the case is to make it easier to fight any possible problems that may arise from having any air trapped in the hoses.  The pump will move a liquid but it won't move air that could possibly get trapped inside the pump.