Envy x360

So I'm thinking about the Envy x360 convertibles and I want to know if the USB C port is Thunderbolt or not. I've been looking on the internet and on HP's product site and they don't say if it's thunderbolt-enabled and there are very few reviews of them anywhere.

And also should I prefer the Ryzen 2500U over the i5-8250U model? Will it make a difference if I have 16 gigs of ddr4 ram?

??? Wanna join ??? my free??gift card??? giveaway??? Click ⤵ the subrscribe button?? ,turn? the notifications on ??? and finally leave a nice comment ??down below⬇⬇ , now without further adue ??? lets get on?? with the video▶▶

Most midrange laptops don't have Thunderbolt. I personally would get the Intel model, but that's biased as I have a preference for Intel products.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

Dell doesn't make the HP Envy x360

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

3 minutes ago, Damascus said:

Dell doesn't make the HP Envy x360

Oh yeah. Thanks for pointing that out.

??? Wanna join ??? my free??gift card??? giveaway??? Click ⤵ the subrscribe button?? ,turn? the notifications on ??? and finally leave a nice comment ??down below⬇⬇ , now without further adue ??? lets get on?? with the video▶▶

Can you get the exact model? I can check if it's TB. There have been numerous revisions to the Envy x360, so not sure which you're looking at.

Most HP laptops and tablets do have USB3.1+TB3, but not all. 

EDIT: the AMD ones definitely won't have TB3 as it requires Intel CPU/chipset. The Intel ones will have different boards so it is possible, but doubting it as HP doesn't typically do a ton of non-Intel stuff. 

55 minutes ago, DOGC_Kyle said:

Can you get the exact model? I can check if it's TB. There have been numerous revisions to the Envy x360, so not sure which you're looking at.

Currently I'm configuring a 1WB97AV_1 with an i5-8250U and an MX150, 12 gigs of RAM and the 1 TB HDD+ 126 gig SSD combo with no other changes.

4 minutes ago, PerfectPlasma said:

Currently I'm configuring a 1WB97AV_1 with an i5-8250U and an MX150, 12 gigs of RAM and the 1 TB HDD+ 126 gig SSD combo with no other changes.

That product number comes up as a Spectre x360-15t, which does have a single Thunderbolt-capable port (right-side, there are two USB-C ports, nearest the front is TB, other is not TB), but has no room for a HDD (only a single M.2 slot). http://store.hp.com/us/en/pdp/hp-spectre-x360-convertible-laptop-15t-touch-1wb97av-1

If you're sure it's an Envy x360 though, then that might not be right. The Envy x360-15m does not seem to have TB, not 100% sure about the 15t as I can't find a service guide for it. Though it seems doubtful given that it's not mentioned anywhere else.