No sound Dell monitors

Chennaiyen

Hi guys successful built my PC and everything is working fine. Except for the audio. I currently connect my monitors through Display port in Gtx 1080ti. The speakers do not output any sound even though the audio equalizer in the sound preferences shows it playing by moving the green bar up and down. I currently do not have any speakers. 

Connected with Microsoft agent through remote access, all she did was install the and reinstall the same driver multiple times and at last said have to do a in person fix. Which she said was could resolve the issue which might have corrupted file and so on. But the OS and drivers are barely a day old and did not want to mess my system with some agent who does not know what the issue was. 

Do you guys know what could be the issue? I can see the monito s displayed in the sound preferences and set as default. 

need the model good sir

My Build: I7 7700k----1080 TI----Samsung 850 EVO 500gb----WD Blue 1tb----32gb Ripjaw 5 3000mhz----RIING 240 AIO----MSI z270 Gaming M5----EVGA G3 750W

All inside a Phanteks ENTHOO LUXE tempered glass edition. build name: Red Letter Day (wheres all the HL2 fans??)

Does the monitor have speakers? If so, do they require a separate cable (3.5mm)?

Main System: Phobos

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (8C/16T), ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 16GB G.SKILL Aegis DDR4 3000MHz, AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB (XFX), 960GB Crucial M500, 2TB Seagate BarraCuda, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations/macOS Catalina

Secondary System: York

Intel Core i7-2600 (4C/8T), ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3, 16GB GEIL Enhance Corsa DDR3 1600MHz, Zotac GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB, 240GB ADATA Ultimate SU650, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Older File Server: Yet to be named

Intel Pentium 4 HT (1C/2T), Intel D865GBF, 3GB DDR 400MHz, ATI Radeon HD 4650 1GB (HIS), 80GB WD Caviar, 320GB Hitachi Deskstar, Windows XP Pro SP3, Windows Server 2003 R2

29 minutes ago, ФÐ|invader zim said:

need the model good sir

The model is , Dell s2716dg. Guys I mentioned that I can see my monitor speakers in the sound settings. 

19 minutes ago, Jamiec1130 said:

Does the monitor have speakers? If so, do they require a separate cable (3.5mm)?

I guess displayport transfers both video and audio data. 

that is litterally my monitor :) it has a sound passthru for headphones, but no speakers of its own. this is said in the owners manual in two places. sorry bud

My Build: I7 7700k----1080 TI----Samsung 850 EVO 500gb----WD Blue 1tb----32gb Ripjaw 5 3000mhz----RIING 240 AIO----MSI z270 Gaming M5----EVGA G3 750W

All inside a Phanteks ENTHOO LUXE tempered glass edition. build name: Red Letter Day (wheres all the HL2 fans??)

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/peripherals/f/3529/t/19667083 here is a dell page related to the no speakers. 

6 hours ago, Chennaiyen said:

I guess displayport transfers both video and audio data. 

you can see a sound device in settings, and that device is just a sound passthru for the monitors hub.

6 hours ago, ФÐ|invader zim said:

you can see a sound device in settings, and that device is just a sound passthru for the monitors hub.

@ФÐ|invader zim,  Oh man! Deceived by the cut outs under the monitor which clearly looks like speakers. And I though I remember seeing speakers mentioned in the manual/website. My bad. 

Thanks for the correction. :)