4K monitor

pctechgeek

Im thinking of doing the excact opposite. I have a 4k 60hz monitor and i think i should switch it to a 1080p 144hz. Because my 1070 isnt doing it so i play at 1440p anyways. But for work 4k is nice. So it isnt exactly a update for gaming 4k is worse, because you lose all the hertz, but if you do more work than gaming 4k is good.

i have a gtx 1080 if that helps. So i shouldn't wait for 4k at a higher refresh rate and then just get a more powerful graphics card later?

8 hours ago, pctechgeek said:

i have a gtx 1080 if that helps. So i shouldn't wait for 4k at a higher refresh rate and then just get a more powerful graphics card later?

a single 1080 isn't enough for 4k@60 generally.

The state of 4K60 is such that if you're playing a sightseeing-type game that doesn't require perfect twitch/aim, then you'll generally have a pretty enjoyable experience. I'd recommend moving up to at least 1 1080Ti if you're determined to do it. 

Alternatively, if you want to wait for an even higher refresh rate 4K panel, you'd better have some serious cards to run the more visually-intensive games. 1 1080 isn't going to cut it, especially if you want to keep the detail levels up.