Boot loop after windows update

ice856
Go to solution Solved by ice856,

So for anyone who experience the same problem as me and looking for answer,in my case it turns out the mother board is dead, my local pc repair service try to fix it for almost a month and they tried everything and it cannot be saved.

I think the main problem for my pc is the air flow, i bought a cheap Chinese case so maybe the case fan from them are not good enough to create a good airflow.

on top of that i often left my pc running more than 24 hours for downloading large files(my internet is super slow) and also playing some heavy game like gta 4 to the point that the processor is throttling and one last thing is that my pc is 3 years old. so all of that combine maybe the cause that kill my mother board.

So maybe if you are new to pc building invest on an expensive but good case from a reputable brand can save you a lot of money down the line.

Thanks

I turn off my pc last night and this morning i turned on and it start installing update and after it finish its restarting normally but after the msi logo it the screen shows no signal and the computer restart again. And it just keep repeating.

I tried to get in to the bios but it still restart when it entering the bios setting.

So just to be clear the restart happened after msi logo not windows logo. So getting to windows recovery is not possible.

I just hope this not a hardware issue because yesterday the computer runs without any issue. Please help thanks

Pc spec

fx6300

Msi 930 g43

Wd 120gb

Corsair vengance 8gb

Sesonic 650w

Edit :

Now the monitor wont show anything as if its not connected to the cpu.

PC Spec :

Processor : AMD Ryzen 5 3400G  ; Motherboard : MSI B450 A-Pro MAX ; RAM : Corsair Vengeance LPX White 2 x 8Gb

GPU : Sapphire RX 5500 XT 8GB Pulse ; PSU : Cooler Master MWE Gold 750W, 80+Gold ; SSD : Samsung 860 EVO 250GB ; HDD 2 x WD Blue 1TB 3.5" ; Toshiba 1TB 2.5"

Despite what it looks like, this is almost certainly an OS issue based on my experience. You're not able to get into the BIOS at all? Have you tried resetting CMOS by pulling the battery out with the power unplugged for at least 2 minutes?

1 hour ago, jeremywork said:

Despite what it looks like, this is almost certainly an OS issue based on my experience. You're not able to get into the BIOS at all? Have you tried resetting CMOS by pulling the battery out with the power unplugged for at least 2 minutes?

After posting this thread i unplug my pc from power outlet and put it back in. Unfortunately now only the cpu turns on but the display shows nothing as if its not connected to the gpu.

PC Spec :

Processor : AMD Ryzen 5 3400G  ; Motherboard : MSI B450 A-Pro MAX ; RAM : Corsair Vengeance LPX White 2 x 8Gb

GPU : Sapphire RX 5500 XT 8GB Pulse ; PSU : Cooler Master MWE Gold 750W, 80+Gold ; SSD : Samsung 860 EVO 250GB ; HDD 2 x WD Blue 1TB 3.5" ; Toshiba 1TB 2.5"

4 hours ago, ice856 said:

After posting this thread i unplug my pc from power outlet and put it back in. Unfortunately now only the cpu turns on but the display shows nothing as if its not connected to the gpu.

Have you tried resetting CMOS yet? This might be coincidental timing for a hardware failure. I'd try reseating the RAM and graphics card as well, and remove any additional PCIe cards and SATA connectors that aren't required for POST and see what happens.

5 hours ago, jeremywork said:

Have you tried resetting CMOS yet? This might be coincidental timing for a hardware failure. I'd try reseating the RAM and graphics card as well, and remove any additional PCIe cards and SATA connectors that aren't required for POST and see what happens.

i tried resetting the cmos by shorting the reset pins and re seating the ram but the problem still persist. i will try to re seat the gpu and post the result.

PC Spec :

21 hours ago, jeremywork said:

I re seat my gpu and ram. And nothing change so is there anything i can do before i bring my pc to repair center??

PC Spec :

• 1 month later...

So for anyone who experience the same problem as me and looking for answer,in my case it turns out the mother board is dead, my local pc repair service try to fix it for almost a month and they tried everything and it cannot be saved.

I think the main problem for my pc is the air flow, i bought a cheap Chinese case so maybe the case fan from them are not good enough to create a good airflow.

on top of that i often left my pc running more than 24 hours for downloading large files(my internet is super slow) and also playing some heavy game like gta 4 to the point that the processor is throttling and one last thing is that my pc is 3 years old. so all of that combine maybe the cause that kill my mother board.

So maybe if you are new to pc building invest on an expensive but good case from a reputable brand can save you a lot of money down the line.

Thanks

PC Spec :