OnePlus 5T Otterbox?

Hey everyone,

So I'm finally in need to upgrade my phone. Recently had a huge upgrade from a laptop to a serious gaming rig, but I get teased over my ancient HTC One M8. Great phone for the longest time, but it's unusable for everything but texting and calling (and even those are bugging out, rip). RAM and hard drive are crashing. Keep having to do the "new setup" cause my phone crashes. I want to be able to use a smartphone the way people do in 2017: productivity and connectivity out the bum. 
SO:
OnePlus 5T is looking like the phone for me for the reasons I liked the M8. Getting ready to pull the trigger: got a DBrand skin picked out, the price feels great, but I MUST have an OtterBox because I do some pretty aggressive blue collar work. I've dropped my M8 in its Box from a commercial rooftop a couple times (taking pictures of HVAC rooftop units...) among MANY other things, and it doesn't have a scratch (and no, that's not the reason it's dying lol). I know that OnePlus has their own cases, but they are in no way tough enough for what I need. The OtterBox belt holster is a huge part of why I like the brand as well. 
So basically, does anybody know when OtterBox is making or IF they're making a case for this phone..? So far it isn't on their website. I know it's early, but at the same time, I feel like OtterBox usually has their cases ready as soon as a phone launches (for the most part). I want to buy the phone like...right now. But I won't bring it to work if I can't get a great case and holster.

Side note- I see people saying it's not the best upgrade and all that, especially for those who JUST got the OnePlus 5. It sucks that the 5T came out so soon after the 5, but tbh for someone like myself coming from such a generations old phone generation, this is the BEST upgrade I could ask for (for my use case). Anyone else in a similar boat? I've never been so excited for a new phone. There's gonna be one hell of a learning curve lol!

Anyway, thanks for reading this mess of a post. Let me know if you've heard anything about that Box, and what your impressions are of the 5T so far. Still looking forward to Linus' full review btw!

To be perfectly honest I don't think it matters if you get an Otterbox, or another bulky case. They all do the same job. You likely have one of their bigger cases, looking at what they offered for the OP5, it's more of a slim case, which you can get from any number of online vendors.

If you really want a Defender series case, get the S8+.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Just now, dizmo said:

To be perfectly honest I don't think it matters if you get an Otterbox, or another bulky case. They all do the same job. You likely have one of their bigger cases, looking at what they offered for the OP5, it's more of a slim case, which you can get from any number of online vendors.

If you really want a Defender series case, get the S8+.

Not too familiar with other reputable brands, you have a recommendation? I'm not going to switch phones because of the case. I'd rather switch cases so long as it's very strong and has a belt holster or clip. I'll look some stuff up of course, but if you have experience with a nice brand I'd love to hear it. Thanks for the reply!

Just now, Calico Morgan said:

Not too familiar with other reputable brands, you have a recommendation? I'm not going to switch phones because of the case. I'd rather switch cases so long as it's very strong and has a belt holster or clip. I'll look some stuff up of course, but if you have experience with a nice brand I'd love to hear it. Thanks for the reply!

With a holster as a requirement, I have no idea. I imagine your options are going to be extremely limited as it's a very niche product. As for reputable brand? Don't even worry about the name on the case. I've bought many cases over the years, and honestly there's no difference between good off brand cases and brand name cases. None at all.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

9 hours ago, dizmo said:

With a holster as a requirement, I have no idea. I imagine your options are going to be extremely limited as it's a very niche product. As for reputable brand? Don't even worry about the name on the case. I've bought many cases over the years, and honestly there's no difference between good off brand cases and brand name cases. None at all.

Alright cool. I'll keep my eyes peeled for something with a clip. Thanks again.