HELP!! with 3 Bottom Monitors, 1 top middle

AMD Moe

Hello all, 

I am trying to setup 4 monitors, 3 on bottom, one on top of the middle bottom one. I tried many times to set them up this way but my computer won't triplicate the three bottom ones into one huge display if the top middle is attached! Is there any way to fix it? I was able to eyefinity all of them on the same row but AMD Radeon graphic software won't let me customize them into the setup I want to do as shown in this exemplary picture. 

Thank you! 

Waiting to hear back from you soon. 

olxlb_1025304_1_644x461.jpg

Did you actually want the 3 bottom monitors to be one for gaming purposes? Because I was going to say, if it's just the look you want, it's just a matter of making a wallpaper for it. My setup is just four separate monitors.

As for the gaming part, if that's actually what you want, I know it's possible to keep that layout with Nvidia Surround, but I'm not familiar enough with AMD software or their drivers to know if there is a solution for you.

48 minutes ago, divito said:

Did you actually want the 3 bottom monitors to be one for gaming purposes? Because I was going to say, if it's just the look you want, it's just a matter of making a wallpaper for it. My setup is just four separate monitors.

As for the gaming part, if that's actually what you want, I know it's possible to keep that layout with Nvidia Surround, but I'm not familiar enough with AMD software or their drivers to know if there is a solution for you.

Gosh that's spacious, making me want to get a smaller case now lol

1 hour ago, AMD Moe said:

I am trying to setup 4 monitors, 3 on bottom, one on top of the middle bottom one. I tried many times to set them up this way but my computer won't triplicate the three bottom ones into one huge display if the top middle is attached! Is there any way to fix it? I was able to eyefinity all of them on the same row but AMD Radeon graphic software won't let me customize them into the setup I want to do as shown in this exemplary picture.

It might be that your GPU doesn't support that many display outputs, I ran into that same problem on my gtx555 when setting up four monitors on my system. I ended up enabling the iGPU and attaching the non-gaming monitors to the mobo to get around the problem.

In your situation, you could connect the bottom three monitors to your graphics card, set them up with eyefinity, and then connect the top monitor to your iGPU (assuming you wouldn't be gaming on it) then use the windows display settings panel to reposition the top monitor as desired.

Spoiler

If your graphics card doesn't support the amount of monitors connected, one of the displays will be greyed out in the display settings panel. Below is what the display panel looks like normally.

sRHGbPF.png

Speedtests

WiFi - 7ms, 22Mb down, 10Mb up

Ethernet - 6ms, 47.5Mb down, 9.7Mb up

Rigs

Spoiler

Type            Desktop

OS              Windows 10 Pro

CPU             i5-4430S

RAM             8GB CORSAIR XMS3 (2x4gb)

Cooler          LC Power LC-CC-97 65W

Motherboard     ASUS H81M-PLUS

GPU             GeForce GTX 1060

Storage         120GB Sandisk SSD (boot), 750GB Seagate 2.5" (storage), 500GB Seagate 2.5" SSHD (cache)

Spoiler

Type            Server

OS              Ubuntu 14.04 LTS

CPU             Core 2 Duo E6320

RAM             2GB Non-ECC

Motherboard     ASUS P5VD2-MX SE

Storage         RAID 1: 250GB WD Blue and Seagate Barracuda

Uses            Webserver, NAS, Mediaserver, Database Server

Quotes of Fame

On 8/27/2015 at 10:09 AM, Drixen said:

Linus is light years ahead a lot of other YouTubers, he isn't just an average YouTuber.. he's legitimately, legit.

On 10/11/2015 at 11:36 AM, Geralt said:

When something is worth doing, it's worth overdoing.

On 6/22/2016 at 10:05 AM, trag1c said:

It's completely blown out of proportion. Also if you're the least bit worried about data gathering then you should go live in a cave a 1000Km from the nearest establishment simply because every device and every entity gathers information these days. In the current era privacy is just fallacy and nothing more.

2 hours ago, burnttoastnice said:

Gosh that's spacious, making me want to get a smaller case now lol monitor as desired.

I used to have a BitFenix Prodigy, but having this setup proved problematic on where it could actually go. Even on the floor would have presented weird cabling issues as not everything would fit. Node 202 is a perfect look and size, I just sort of wish it could house an AIO without special circumstances.

5 hours ago, burnttoastnice said:

Gosh that's spacious, making me want to get a smaller case now lol

It might be that your GPU doesn't support that many display outputs, I ran into that same problem on my gtx555 when setting up four monitors on my system. I ended up enabling the iGPU and attaching the non-gaming monitors to the mobo to get around the problem.

In your situation, you could connect the bottom three monitors to your graphics card, set them up with eyefinity, and then connect the top monitor to your iGPU (assuming you wouldn't be gaming on it) then use the windows display settings panel to reposition the top monitor as desired.

Reveal hidden contents

If your graphics card doesn't support the amount of monitors connected, one of the displays will be greyed out in the display settings panel. Below is what the display panel looks like normally.

sRHGbPF.png

I was able to get around the problem by using the same trick you mentioned, I will provide you with pic later. Do you know if there is any way I can separate the background wallpaper for each monitor? 

Thank you all for your inputs. 

6 hours ago, divito said:

I was able to solve the prob with using AMD software by using the trick burntoastnice mentioned. Yeah! I needed the bottom ones for gaming while having the top running during the game for other purposes at the same time (Youtube for an example). Is it possible to have separate wallpapers for each monitor? Or would one large picture for 6 total monitors works for my setup? 

Thank you! 

1 hour ago, AMD Moe said:

I was able to get around the problem by using the same trick you mentioned, I will provide you with pic later. Do you know if there is any way I can separate the background wallpaper for each monitor? 

Thank you all for your inputs. 

There's an open source program called Dual Wallpaper which allows you to show a different wallpaper on each screen, or spread a single wallpaper across many. Its the first result on google when searching "dual wallpaper". Short extract from their website below

Dual Wallpaper simplifies the process of using images as wallpaper on multiple monitor setups.

You can have a single image which is spread across all of your monitors, or you can have different images on each monitor, or if you have enough monitors, you could say have an image spread across 2 of your monitors with another image displayed on the third monitor.

Speedtests

WiFi - 7ms, 22Mb down, 10Mb up

Ethernet - 6ms, 47.5Mb down, 9.7Mb up

Rigs

Spoiler

Type            Desktop

OS              Windows 10 Pro

CPU             i5-4430S

RAM             8GB CORSAIR XMS3 (2x4gb)

Cooler          LC Power LC-CC-97 65W

Motherboard     ASUS H81M-PLUS

GPU             GeForce GTX 1060

Storage         120GB Sandisk SSD (boot), 750GB Seagate 2.5" (storage), 500GB Seagate 2.5" SSHD (cache)

Spoiler

Type            Server

OS              Ubuntu 14.04 LTS

CPU             Core 2 Duo E6320

RAM             2GB Non-ECC

Motherboard     ASUS P5VD2-MX SE

Storage         RAID 1: 250GB WD Blue and Seagate Barracuda

Uses            Webserver, NAS, Mediaserver, Database Server

Quotes of Fame

On 8/27/2015 at 10:09 AM, Drixen said:

Linus is light years ahead a lot of other YouTubers, he isn't just an average YouTuber.. he's legitimately, legit.

On 10/11/2015 at 11:36 AM, Geralt said:

When something is worth doing, it's worth overdoing.

On 6/22/2016 at 10:05 AM, trag1c said:

It's completely blown out of proportion. Also if you're the least bit worried about data gathering then you should go live in a cave a 1000Km from the nearest establishment simply because every device and every entity gathers information these days. In the current era privacy is just fallacy and nothing more.

17 hours ago, AMD Moe said:

Is it possible to have separate wallpapers for each monitor? Or would one large picture for 6 total monitors works for my setup? 

THIS displayfusion does definitely do. if that opensource program not working out for you :)

Here are some pictures of my desktop, I am happy with the way I have set up the monitors. 

CPU: i7 4790k

CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X60 Liquid CPU Cooler 

GPU: Sapphire Radeon R9 8GB

Motherboard: Asus Maximus VII Hero

SSD: 512GB Samsung SSD 

RAM: 32GB of 2133MHz DDR3

PSU: Corsair AX1200i

Case: NZXT H440

Bunch of NZXT LED Fans

20171215_203447.jpg

20171215_203508.jpg

20171215_203518.jpg