Does the battery affect the performance of my iPhone 5?

Yongtjunkit

It probably does.

My girlfriend was beginning to have iOS stability issues on her iphone 5 from launch and we just got a Iphone SE for $170 on local classifieds. I would reccomened getting a used Iphone SE, but you could also go on iFixIt to replace the battery if you want to do a battery swap on it yourself. 

https://www.ifixit.com/Store/iPhone/iPhone-5-Replacement-Battery/IF118-001-4

If your battery is getting old, the voltage being outputted by the battery may have your processor downclocking, causing the phone to run slower. But if you aren't noticing anything, don't bother switching unless you like that form factor.

Although replacing the battery won't guarantee proper iOS support in the future, while an iPhone SE will due to the new launch of the product. I would suggest just getting a different phone. 

7 minutes ago, Cakeman said:

It probably does.

My girlfriend was beginning to have iOS stability issues on her iphone 5 from launch and we just got a Iphone SE for $170 on local classifieds. I would reccomened getting a used Iphone SE, but you could also go on iFixIt to replace the battery if you want to do a battery swap on it yourself. 

https://www.ifixit.com/Store/iPhone/iPhone-5-Replacement-Battery/IF118-001-4

If your battery is getting old, the voltage being outputted by the battery may have your processor downclocking, causing the phone to run slower. But if you aren't noticing anything, don't bother switching unless you like that form factor.

Although replacing the battery won't guarantee proper iOS support in the future, while an iPhone SE will due to the new launch of the product. I would suggest just getting a different phone. 

I've been noticing app crashing lately, apps like whatsapp 

2 minutes ago, Yongtjunkit said:

I've been noticing app crashing lately, apps like whatsapp 

Honestly, just get a new phone at this point. You could spend that $25 for a new battery, but it might even be just outdated hardware and no further in-depth software testing on iPhone 5's that will cause even more issues down the line. 

an Iphone 5 is not worth the cost of a battery or the hassle to replace it on a sealed device like an iphone