The ULTIMATE Travel Gaming Setup?

On 12/12/2017 at 8:37 PM, lilbman said:

I'd say i5-7300.

The I5 has actually been throttling me a lot with even a GTX 1060 in games that are physics demanding. One of them is Assassin's Creed Origins.

Buyer beware! It seems this egpu doesn't work with quite a few Razer blade stealths. I bought one of these 1080 eGPUs after watching linus gush over it. I was tired of the noise and size of my razer core. But it seems this eGPU has issues with the Razer blade stealth.

When connected to my RBS it constantly disconnects and reconnects. Some other RBS owners have figured out that charging the RBS to full charge fixes the issue as it seems the eGPU is unable to stay powered on and charge the RBS. I am not sure if this only effects older RBS but that may be the case. Also it seems that this fix does not work for everyone including. Some people require going into airplane mode as well. My RBS is the 7500u version.

I plan on contacting everyone on Reddit who has complained of this issue to find out what version they have. It seems Linus had no issues with his current gen RBS. If it turns out that the current gen is immune to this issue I think it will be worth the upgrade to me. Once I find out what stealth versions are effected I'll make another post with my results.  Linus and friends if you read this you may want to put out a warning on your video as it seems to be a common issue.

• 4 months later...

I wonder if Linus experiences connectivity issues with mice and keyboard plugged into the back of the eGPU. It's a pretty common problem that I've come across through personal use and working on this stuff for the past couple of days. If you are using gaming mice (i.e. LED lit ones) or LED lit keyboards, there are quite a bit of connectivity issues. I can't even use my Razer Mamba or my Razer Widowmaker through the eGPU. 

Any pointers Linus staff members?