Remote (off-site) booting of a home server?

Slurhn

I have a server running on my home network, and would love to be able to boot it remotely from a different country.

Do you know any way  of remotely booting a secured 64-bit device, even if only over LAN?

I dont have any real experience with this, but look up Wake-on-lan:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wake-on-LAN

Respect the Code of Conduct!

>> Feel free to join the unofficial LTT teamspeak 3 server TS3.schnitzel.team <<

>>LTT 10TB+ Topic<< | >>FlexRAID Tutorial<<>>LTT Speed wave<< | >>LTT Communies and Servers<<

As looney said Wake on lan can boot a networked computer but you have to have a device on the local subnet to issue the packet. Look in your router settings you might be able to do it from there. 

If you dont want to used wake on lan. it sometimes dose not work and is pain to setup. You can buy pci cards that is kvm over ip. this will alow you to turn your pc remotly theese can be picked up quite cheep on ebay.

Wake on LAN from memory also needs to be supported by the motherboard. The majority of consumer boards do not offer this feature with possibly the exception of some of the Asus X79 boards - workstation type boards. Otherwise you're looking at boards from SuperMicro and the like.

If you dont want to used wake on lan. it sometimes dose not work and is pain to setup. You can buy pci cards that is kvm over ip. this will alow you to turn your pc remotly theese can be picked up quite cheep on ebay.

Im interested, how are these called exactly ?

Something wrong with your connection ?

Run the damn cable :)

Im interested, how are these called exactly ?

As in what are they called? IPKVM or KVM over IP units.

I like. I didn't know you got them as PCI cards as well. I only knew about ones built into servers. That;s pretty awesome! 

Thanks for the tips, but I'm using a consumer board Z77 board and buying a full PCIE card isnt an option.

I might DIY it using an arduino connected to the server and some cables running from the PWRSW on the motherboard (power switch pins)

Thanks for the tips, but I'm using a consumer board Z77 board and buying a full PCIE card isnt an option.

I might DIY it using an arduino connected to the server and some cables running from the PWRSW on the motherboard (power switch pins)

What board do you have? i have seen quite a lot of consumer boards with WoL functionality although it may only support waking from a sleep state as i have never really tried it.