Which cpu should I get?

Go to solution Solved by Lowspecgamer,
1 minute ago, ♠FlamieMeister♠ said:

The GPU would bottleneck the cpu, yes. The ryzen 5 1600 would also get bottlenecked by the GPU, but you'd have a better futureproof platform then with the i5 8500, as AMD has made the commitment to support ryzen and do refreshes of it. Also, game companies are starting to optimize newer games for more cores, so it may be better to get ryzen if you want future proofing.

Ok thank you I made my decision 

I currently have a gtx 1050 2gb,pentium g3258 @4.2ghz,and 8gb ram. I wanted to upgrade my cpu.Should I get a intel core i5 or Ryzen 5 and which model?

Just now, TheRandomness said:

Which i5? There’s either Kaby Lake or Coffee Lake. 

Kaby lake

1 minute ago, Lowspecgamer said:

Kaby lake

What do you plan to do with the system? Just gaming? Or gaming/productivity things. If you plan to just game, get the Kaby i5. If you plan to do things like edit videos or stream, get any of the R5 CPUs, and a decent B350 mobo that isn’t from MSI. 

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

1 minute ago, TheRandomness said:

What do you plan to do with the system? Just gaming? Or gaming/productivity things. If you plan to just game, get the Kaby i5. If you plan to do things like edit videos or stream, get any of the R5 CPUs, and a decent B350 mobo that isn’t from MSI. 

I wanted to game and stream a little bit 

Just now, Lowspecgamer said:

Ryzen 5 is the better choice in that case.

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/Mf3Zcc My build

R.I.P Donny- Got banned. We will always remember your spamming of "Cancerbooks"

iPhones are like 1 ply toliet paper with a logo slapped on them and years old hardware in them- A Wise Man

2 minutes ago, ♠FlamieMeister♠ said:

Agreed. Although 1050 2gb isn't going to cut it.

3 minutes ago, Lowspecgamer said:

You'd to upgrade your GPU if you plan on gaming and streaming.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

So in purely gaming would the intel i5 7500 beat the ryzen 5 1400,1500x and 1600? Would my graphics card hinder anything if I were to get the ryzen 5 ?

So in purely gaming would the intel i5 7500 beat the ryzen 5 1400,1500x and 1600? Would my graphics card hinder anything if I were to get the ryzen 5 ?

Your cpu would be bottlenecked by the gpu. The best thing to do is to get a fury or get a 980ti, or if you don't have the budget, an r9 270x 4gb sapphire edition or gtx 970. I've been able to overclock my r9 270x to faster core clocks then the 970, but its at this point is about whether or not you want to risk overclocking.

iPhones are like 1 ply toliet paper with a logo slapped on them and years old hardware in them- A Wise Man

Your cpu would be bottlenecked by the gpu. The best thing to do is to get a fury or get a 980ti, or if you don't have the budget, an r9 270x 4gb sapphire edition or gtx 970. I've been able to overclock my r9 270x to faster core clocks then the 970, but its at this point is about whether or not you want to risk overclocking.

Do you think if I just got the i5 7500 with my gtx 1050 2gb it would bottleneck? I might just get the ryzen 5 1600 use it with my gtx 1050 and wait until I can upgrade my graphics card

Do you think if I just got the i5 7500 with my gtx 1050 2gb it would bottleneck? I might just get the ryzen 5 1600 use it with my gtx 1050 and wait until I can upgrade my graphics card

The GPU would bottleneck the cpu, yes. The ryzen 5 1600 would also get bottlenecked by the GPU, but you'd have a better futureproof platform then with the i5 8500, as AMD has made the commitment to support ryzen and do refreshes of it. Also, game companies are starting to optimize newer games for more cores, so it may be better to get ryzen if you want future proofing.

Ok thank you I made my decision