R5 1600 RAM

nelfdez

Which RAM should I buy for a Ryzen 5 1600? Not planning to overclock, want to buy 8 gigs.

Thanks!

Just now, nelfdez said:

Which RAM should I buy for a Ryzen 5 1600? Not planning to overclock, want to buy 8 gigs.

Thanks!

The faster the better. What is your motherboard? You should check on their website which ram is compatible with your board.

What are you goning to do with it? First you need to know how much you need.

2 minutes ago, nishe1 said:

The faster the better. What is your motherboard? You should check on their website which ram is compatible with your board.

AsRock AB350M Pro4. It is compatible with RAMs up to 3200MHz. Should I buy two modules?

Just now, nelfdez said:

AsRock AB350M Pro4. It is compatible with RAMs up to 3200MHz. Should I buy two modules?

Yeah, I think 2 modules are better for Ryzen. But you should check for the specific model of ram on their website to be sure it will work.

No need to use 2 modules (dual channel). If you can buy only 8gb, just buy one module.

Im pretty sure you will want to use 16gb in the future and buy another 8gb stick.

2x8gb is better than 4x4gb. more modules more latency, more heat.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

1 hour ago, nelfdez said:

Try and get faster memory BUT if you can't a 1060 will be fine with slower memory 

Here is proof 

1 hour ago, SupaKomputa said:

No need to use 2 modules (dual channel). If you can buy only 8gb, just buy one module.

Im pretty sure you will want to use 16gb in the future and buy another 8gb stick.

2x8gb is better than 4x4gb. more modules more latency, more heat.

Heat is not an issue for RAM. It does not contribute significantly to system temperature and you will never over heat RAM unless you try to.

The benefits of getting higher clocked memory are HUGE on Ryzen. You should aim as high as possible (but don't go abovw 3200MHz as compatibility isn't guaranteed). 16GB i'd say is the bare minimum for gaming. I've been using 8GBs for 2-3 years and now I can't run modern games with chrome and spotify and discord open on top of that. As stated above, try get a 2x8GB kit. If you can't - get a 1x8GB kit and buy a second stick when you can afford.

I'm not against high clock speed, i just think low density 4gb module is not worth the buy in 2017.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

1 hour ago, TSL said:

The benefits of getting higher clocked memory are HUGE on Ryzen. You should aim as high as possible (but don't go abovw 3200MHz as compatibility isn't guaranteed). 16GB i'd say is the bare minimum for gaming. I've been using 8GBs for 2-3 years and now I can't run modern games with chrome and spotify and discord open on top of that. As stated above, try get a 2x8GB kit. If you can't - get a 1x8GB kit and buy a second stick when you can afford.

I'll go for a single module 2666MHz of 8 gigs. I'll buy another as soon as I can afford it

2 hours ago, jdwii said:

Try and get faster memory BUT if you can't a 1060 will be fine with slower memory 

Here is proof 

I'll watch the vid as soon as I can thank you

Thanks for the replies, i think i am gonna buy a crucial ballistic tactical 8gb 2666mhz

10 hours ago, nelfdez said:

Thanks for the replies, i think i am gonna buy a crucial ballistic tactical 8gb 2666mhz

Make sure to check compatibility with Ryzen

On 11/12/2017 at 11:33 PM, TSL said:

Make sure to check compatibility with Ryzen

did check already