Ad Block makes chrome slow?

Go to solution Solved by Guest,
Just now, CmzPlusHardware said:

Yeah could be Ad blocker since it scans every page before showing it. (I believe that is how it works, correct me if I am wrong) 

What Ad Blocker extension do you tend to use? 

Hi i use this

I found this from extremetech so i'm pretty sure it was adblock i have been experiencing this for months and just been dealing with it i'm on a 100mb connection and i own a Ryzen 7 and a 1080 with 16GB of ram i shouldn't be seeing performance like that haha. 

Man so i've been trying to find out what was causing chrome to feel slow when browsing on my system i tried disabling hardware acceleration, i turned off allowing chrome to continue to run in the background in windows in the options and i think it was adblock. 

I was wondering if anyone else here has had this issue? 

I mean even Edge felt smoother until i disabled adblock. 

Yeah could be Ad blocker since it scans every page before showing it. (I believe that is how it works, correct me if I am wrong) 

Tech enthusiast and CS Student

Hi i use this

I found this from extremetech so i'm pretty sure it was adblock i have been experiencing this for months and just been dealing with it i'm on a 100mb connection and i own a Ryzen 7 and a 1080 with 16GB of ram i shouldn't be seeing performance like that haha. 

never had a problem with ad block plus slowing down my chrome or edge, I tend to use edge on my laptop and chrome on my desktop 

1 minute ago, jdwii said:

Hi i use this

Interesting, that's the extension I use. Another interesting factor is that your internet speed is about 40Mbps faster than mine. How long does it take to load something such as Youtube.com/A youtube video? 

Interesting, that's the extension I use. Another interesting factor is that your internet speed is about 40Mbps faster than mine. How long does it take to load something such as Youtube.com/A youtube video? 

It loads videos fine its when entering new sites that it slows down or feels slow and not snappy like newegg for example, or when i first enter Youtube. 

Alright I just tested loading times with and without Adblock. A good 1-2 second difference between having it on and off. 

Alright I just tested loading times with and without Adblock. A good 1-2 second difference between having it on and off. 

Yeah i mean a lot of sites have a good 10-15 ad's in the background and from reading that article from ExtremeTech it makes sense to why i was seeing that issue. 

Now my browsing experience feels smooth again, i read that next year google will be making some form of adblock to add into chrome next year so i will wait to then i turn off adblock anyways whenever i watch youtube videos

The adblock extension that you use, uses more resources than it should. Switch to uBlock Origin, it's a lot lighter and does just a well of a job, if not better.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Thanks i'll give that one a try once ad's start to bug me again haha