Opening Ports

Sooo.... I have an EE BrightBox 2, and have set parameters for portforwarding to 25565 (minecraft port) for UDP and TCP. Yet, when i use a port scanning website, it shows that the 25565 port is not open? Anyone know how to solve this issue? Also, for applications like Plex, their ports are being forwarded automatically, without having to mess with router settings. Is there a way to program an app, to keep the 25565 port open, without messing with router settings.

Btw, I have port forwarded many ports before, on previous routers, including the EE BrightBox 1, the BT HomeHub 2, and some TP Link one (forgot the model). I am not a noob, just cant figure out whats going wrong.

SS:

Port Forward Config: http://prntscr.com/hkcljd

Port Trigger Config?: http://prntscr.com/hkclyz

Just now, Dujith said:

Some routers also require a firewall rule.

My firewall on the router was disabled whilst testing this.

16 minutes ago, DuckdulMP said:

Is there a way to program an app, to keep the 25565 port open, without messing with router settings.

I have managed to open the 25565 port by using a program called SPI Port Forward from cnet. However, I am still interested as to how to configure the ports manually in the router settings.

Did you actually have anything running using that port? If there's nothing to respond to a packet directed at that port, it will be reported as closed. 

There's no program to open and close ports on your PC, it's done by the router and has to be configured in the router's settings. 

Is your WAN PPPoE or are you plugging this box into another modem/router that uses fiber or coax? If the latter does the modem have router functionality? It may be acting as the edge router with no open port before reaching your router.

3 hours ago, Windows7ge said:

Is your WAN PPPoE or are you plugging this box into another modem/router that uses fiber or coax? If the latter does the modem have router functionality? It may be acting as the edge router with no open port before reaching your router.

it has a built in modem, so i plug my adsl/vdsl from the phone wall plug into the router.

3 hours ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

Did you actually have anything running using that port? If there's nothing to respond to a packet directed at that port, it will be reported as closed. 

There's no program to open and close ports on your PC, it's done by the router and has to be configured in the router's settings. 

Thanks for this suggestion. It sounds very reasonable. Let my try.

6 hours ago, DuckdulMP said:

it has a built in modem, so i plug my adsl/vdsl from the phone wall plug into the router.

That's right. Forgot about phone line. Well the only way I've ever known about opening ports is by doing it in the routers WebUI itself. I've seen it labeled as Port Forwarding or Port Triggering.

I've never heard of software you can run on your computer that will open ports on your router. If anything you'd want to do it manually on the router so you know it was done right.