I need help with my PC iupgrades

My computer is in need of an upgrade. I use it mostly for gaming and video rendering (Not in 4k though) and it is getting sluggish compared to newer PCs out there. Here are the specs

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/GXDywV

My goal is to make it cooler and an overclockable CPU

3 minutes ago, Pancakes49 said:

My computer is in need of an upgrade. I use it mostly for gaming and video rendering (Not in 4k though) and it is getting sluggish compared to newer PCs out there. Here are the specs

mabey go for an i7 and a 1070

2 minutes ago, Hari S said:

mabey go for an i7 and a 1070

yep, maybe see if that cooler overclocks well and find a used 4790k or something of the sort, 1060 or 1070 is a good bet, personally id chose 1070 because the ti's just launched and its a fracking 1070

1 minute ago, Aidanlockett1 said:

yep, maybe see if that cooler overclocks well and find a used 4790k or something of the sort, 1060 or 1070 is a good bet, personally id chose 1070 because the ti's just launched and its a fracking 1070

Nah I don't think buying used overclockable CPU is a good bet though. Better buy a brand new boxed one.

Just now, CapitalistVN said:

Nah I don't think buying used overclockable CPU is a good bet though. Better buy a brand new boxed one.

true, didnt think of that... used to locked cpus... but that cooler could hold up fine at stock maybe a modest OC? a buddy of mine is running a 4770k or a 4790k and he is at 4.2/4.5 stock voltage with a hyper t4 single fan

32 minutes ago, Pancakes49 said:

Well, you already have a "Z" series which allows overclocking, so I'd upgrade to a 4790k and keep your current cooler as its more then capable for sustaining a good overclock on a 4790k. As for GPU upgrade, I'd suggest a midrange card such as the 1070 which will have a huge performance boost over the 1050ti and it will play games very well at all resolutions (1080p,1440p and 4K).