Random Crashes and Undetectable SSD on Boot

Nubbyyyy

I've been experiencing random PC crashes for a few months now and I've starting looking into the issue however I've always come up empty.

Here are the list of components that my computer is running:

Motherboard: Asrock N68C-S UUC

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 940

GPU: AMD Radeon HD 5450

SSD: Kingston SSDNow sv300s37a

I can be doing anything on my PC, I can have 1 chrome tab open and it randomly freezes, or I can be playing a game on steam or have 10 chrome tabs open and it wont crash. Sometimes it will run everything and other times it can't even handle YouTube. When the screen freezes, the mouse can still be moved and then the entire PC locks up and crashes. The PC never bluescreens though. When I go to reboot my PC the motherboard startup screen shows and sometimes stays on the screen the entire time failing to actually boot from my boot drive. When I go into my boot menu only my WDC 1TB hard drive and my Seagate Expansion drives are detected and my Kingston SSD is missing.

However, fully powering the PC down, the includes unplugging the PSU from the wall and waiting for the residual power to disperse allows the PC to start up fine without any issues.

Often when the PC crashes it will then crash again shortly after. I've had my PC do this 6 times in the space of 2 hours before. Other times it can go days before it actually does this again.

I'll shortly be replacing my PC with better hardware as the motherboard, CPU and GPU are outdated and I'm upgrading to something more powerful, but I'd possibly like to keep this PC going maybe as a NAS and I'd like to be able to find the issues before I actually trust my PC to stay on and not randomly freeze.

Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thank you.

Maybe your ssd is corrupted. Install windows on another ssd or your hdd. And see if these issues persist.

Windows 10 - Aorus GTX 1080 - i7 4790k @4.4GHz - 16GB RAM 1600MHz - PSU Corsair C650M - MOBO Asus Maximus Hero VI