Thoughts? First pc build not knowing much

Okay, I am building a pc for the first time. Because, the alien ware my buddy gave me has a bottle neck cpu and it’s tiny took one small drop and stopped working. So I decided I am going to build a pc. Not knowing much at all I knew what a cpu, gpu, ram, and motherboard was not all the types and numbers and stuff just they existed. I looked up one thing cpu and gpu combos and was like I got this and went on my own. Build changed a lot but I have finally decided remember didn’t know sheet but this build can be upgraded later just a starter for now so I can game. So this took me time and just looking at numbers and letters finding out if stuff was compatible on my own because I didn’t think maybe there’s a website for this so this is what I decided on found out it was compatible with a website after I figured it out myself which I was happy I was all good according to the site no changes needed. But here’s most of it

MasterBox Pro 5 RGB ATX Mid-Tower with 3 x 120mm RGB Fans

Rosewill - BRONZE Series - 1000-Watt Active PFC Power Supply

GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 (rev. 1.0) LGA 1151 (300 Series) Intel Z370

Intel Core i3-8350K Coffee Lake Quad-Core 4.0 GHz LGA 1151 (300 Series)

CORSAIR Hydro Series H75 CW-9060015-WW Water / Liquid CPU Cooler 120 MM

PowerColor RED DRAGON Radeon RX 580 DirectX 12 AXRX 580 8GBD5

Team T-Force Night Hawk RGB 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3200

Crucial MX300 525GB M.2 (2280) Internal Solid State Drive OR WILL THE 2.5 Form Factor WORK I DONT KNOW FOR SURE

i got two 500 gb hard drives for back up

What are your thoughts?

you do not need 1000W of power. even 500W is very large for your needs. (edit: even a i7 and a 1080Ti will run on 500W with no OC)

and don't ever buy a 120mm closed loop cooler it's a huge waste of money. it's worse than a average cheap aircooler (less than 50$) and it's going to die in 4 years royally screwing you over.

so either air cooler (which really is fine with an i3) or a better water cooler (but then they get even more expensive).

Primary System

• CPU
    Ryzen R6 5700X
  • Motherboard
    MSI B350M mortar arctic
  • RAM
    32GB Corsair RGB 3600MT/s CAS18
  • GPU
    Zotac RTX 3070 OC
  • Case
    kind of a mess
  • Storage
    WD black NVMe SSD 500GB & 1TB samsung Sata ssd & x 1TB WD blue & x 3TB Seagate
  • PSU
    corsair RM750X white
  • Display(s)
    1440p 21:9 100Hz

10 minutes ago, BlueEclipse said:

cut

There are some serious issues with this build concerning what you pay and what you get for it.

First thing, the 1000W PSU is a overkill. WAY too much an overkill. You can step down to a 500-650W, maybe modular and with gold rating.

Second, the i3 8350K + Z370 will costs you a hell lot without giving you benefits from an equivalent 7th generation or Ryzen 5/7. So, go with  a Z170/Z270 + 6700K 7700K if you really want to stick with Intel, or even better a Ryzen 5 1600 + B350 motherboard which will be just the very same.

As you're not gonna do professional level editing or rendering, a M2 SSD is a complete waste of money. A sata like the Samsung Evo 850 will do completely the same for less than half the price.

As for liquid cooling.. it's not a great thing to use a 120mm as some other air options will be basically the same while costing MUCH less. 

Now the most important thing for gaming is the GPU. What you've chosen is a perfect choice for 1080p gaming. It is very good for 1440p as well. But if you go with Ryzen 1600 + B350 motherboard and step down from the PSU/SSD, you can jump up to a 1070Ti/1080 for a MUCH better experience, expecially if paired with a 4K monitor.

10 minutes ago, BlueEclipse said:

Okay, I am building a pc for the first time. Because, the alien ware my buddy gave me has a bottle neck cpu and it’s tiny took one small drop and stopped working. So I decided I am going to build a pc. Not knowing much at all I knew what a cpu, gpu, ram, and motherboard was not all the types and numbers and stuff just they existed. I looked up one thing cpu and gpu combos and was like I got this and went on my own. Build changed a lot but I have finally decided remember didn’t know sheet but this build can be upgraded later just a starter for now so I can game. So this took me time and just looking at numbers and letters finding out if stuff was compatible on my own because I didn’t think maybe there’s a website for this so this is what I decided on found out it was compatible with a website after I figured it out myself which I was happy I was all good according to the site no changes needed. But here’s most of it

Crucial MX300 525GB M.2 (2280) Internal Solid State Drive OR WILL THE 2.5 Form Factor WORK I DONT KNOW FOR SURE

i got two 500 gb hard drives for back up

What are your thoughts?

I would not recommend PowerColor as they a well known for terrible build quality. It is more worth it spending around $20 more for a better cooler. In my opinion, the sapphire nitro+ is the best and the 8gb version was on Newegg for $290 last time I checked. I wouldn't recommend a 120mm AIO water cooler as a decent air cooler can outperform them by a fair bit. If you were gonna get water get either a 240 or 280mm radiator.

41 minutes ago, BlueEclipse said:

you don't need a 1000w PSU, get a good 550w psu instead. the 8350k isn't worth the asking price, get an 8400 and use the stock cooler or get cheaper PSU/mobo/cooler/ram for an 8600k. 120mm AIOs aren't very good in performance.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

Get name brand RAM, Corsair or G-Skill.  Spend a few more bucks for an i5.  Consider going for Z270 and 7600k, its last gen but hardly, Intel seems to be very reactive right now and will possibly launch the 9th gen i series before budget boards are made of the 8th gen SKUs.

I would go for a bigger radiator, though Corsair is a good choice, also consider fractal as you are getting their case already. The celcius line is good, I hear.  I have a Corsiar H115i mounted in the front of a cheap Zalman case I got at Fry's.  

I saw the modification you made on PC Part picker and I think you've got a great well rounded build.  The above suggestions were typed before I noticed the differences.

which country are you in? what's your budget?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

Thank you all that luquid cpu cooler was recommended by a friend that I thought knew more than me but he’s never even built a pc just found that out and I figured the power source was too much but wasn’t sure thank you guys/gals

18 hours ago, BlueEclipse said:

Thank you all that luquid cpu cooler was recommended by a friend that I thought knew more than me but he’s never even built a pc just found that out and I figured the power source was too much but wasn’t sure thank you guys/gals

I forgot to add, a useful tool to measure your pc's power consumption is this calculator https://outervision.com/power-supply-calculator Keep in mind they do overestimate it a fair bit.