thinking about upgrade my gtx 260

Eliel1010

hi 

in the last few years I was using in the Xbox 1 as my main game center and now I am  starting to get some thoughts about back playing on the pc

games like PUBG and stuff like that.

I don't have to option to buy a new pc right now because of that I am thinking about upgrade my system in a few bucks hope by using used stuff

my pc: 

Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU 750 @ 2.67GHz socket LGA 1156

GIGABYTE P55A-UD3

8 GB Ram DDR 3 1.333

Nvidia Gtx 260 

so, can I do something that can help me use this pc for little bit more time? 

thank you!!! 

Eliel

Upgrading from the 260 to something cheap like a 1050 ti/RX 570 would make a world of difference for your gaming experience. 

Also, you could try buying used last gen. cards like a 970/980; those cards would give you a bit more for your money (just be wary of scams on ebay).  That said, I'd definitely suggest upgrading your other components in the near future. 

"Hyper Demon" Build: 

Case: NZXT H440 Hyper Beast.  CPU: AMD R9 3900x (cooled by a KrakeX62).  GPU: AMD XFX RX 6900XT Merc 319 Black.  RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 32GB ram @3600mhz.  Mobo: Asus Crosshair VI hero. PSU: Corsair RM850x.  Boot drive: Samsung 960 evo 500gb nvme ssd.  Game storage: Samsung 860 evo 1TB SATA SSD.  Bulk storage: WD Black 2TB.  

You can get away with that rig with just a simple 1050(ti) or 560/570. The upgrade should be no more than $200 depending on where you live.

Current System: CPU - I5-6500 | Motherboard - ASRock H170M-ITX/ac | RAM - Mushkin Blackline 16GB DDR4 @ 2400mHz | GPU - EVGA 1060 3GB | Case - Fractal Design Nano S | Storage - 250GB 850 EVO, 3TB Barracuda | PSU - EVGA 450W 80+ Bronze | Display - AOC 22" 1080p IPS | Cooling - Phanteks PH-TC12DX_BK | Keyboard - Cooler Master QuickFire Rapid(MX Blues) | Mouse - Logitech G602 | Sound - Schiit Stack | Operating System - Windows 10

The OG System: I3-2370M @ 2.4 GHz, 750GB 5400 RPM HDD, 8GB RAM @1333Mhz, Lenovo Z580 Laptop (Ubuntu 16.04 LTS).

Peripherals: G602, AKG 240, Sennheiser HD 6XX, Audio-Technica 2500, Oneplus 5T, Odroid C2(NAS).

- Thread Cleaned -

Comments and replies need to be  On Topic.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER