Programs lag when not tabbed into them

Cookiecrumbles222

Hey, guys, I have two monitors and like to play games on one and watch videos/browse the web and such on the other and this has worked fine for me for the past 2 years, however about 6 months ago I noticed that the videos on the second monitor would lag and freeze as if my internet was bad, but when I tabbed over to them they would instantly load and be fine. this went on for a while until I tried to overclock my ram a bit and they didn't completely solve the problem but it helped enough to where it didn't bother me. but now recently its gotten much worse. now when I'm tabbed on my game TeamSpeak periodically lags out, I can't even start to load videos, etc. I've monitored my temps on my stuff and nothing is overheating so heat throttling isn't the issue, but other than that I don't know the issue. If there is a way to fix this without paying to upgrade that would be great however I don't know the issue.

My Build -> https://pcpartpicker.com/list/XVJxyc

Games I have issues with -> PUBG,DOTA 2, Rainbow 6.

Possible Problems -> when I look at my CPU it's at 99% usage, ram is at 50-80% (16GB ram) (Based on task manager), My parts are old.

its just the game taking up all the CPU usage so the other processes will lag 

1 minute ago, Gclaw said:

its just the game taking up all the CPU usage so the other processes will lag 

but whats the solution, to change that?

1 minute ago, Cookiecrumbles222 said:

Throwing in an i7 would probably stop it. Or just don't multitask, i5's aren't too great for that especially in modern/more intense games.

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

1 hour ago, Cookiecrumbles222 said:

new cpu, lower CPU intensive settings in games. dont have so many extra programs open that you do not need open

either upgrade the pc or just get a cheap laptop to use for the other screen, thats ive had to do recently since games are getting more and more intensive on my fx8350